Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

trainers/walking outdoor shoes for winter - what do you have

(28 Posts)
NoahFence Mon 31-Aug-09 17:42:27

i dont want walking boots, fancy coloured leather trainers to wear when at parks etc with jeans

what do you have?

NoahFence Mon 31-Aug-09 20:56:56

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 31-Aug-09 20:59:35

wellies.

duckyfuzz Mon 31-Aug-09 21:02:29

I can recommend these by camper, ££ but last years, v comfy and well made

SingingBear Mon 31-Aug-09 21:02:53

Message withdrawn

janeite Mon 31-Aug-09 21:03:58

I just wear boots - not walking boots, just flat, riding style boots. I wear my wellies once a year, on Christmas Eve!

PrincessToadstool Mon 31-Aug-09 21:04:23

<watches>

Same here, don't want anything OTT, Converse are fine till it gets cold... or rains hmm

duckyfuzz Mon 31-Aug-09 21:04:36

the 'peu' range on the same site are alos nice

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 21:05:34

i have a chocolate brown pair of timberlands that got a childs price which i love, they go great with jeans. As for trainers can't go wrong with converse all stars although are fabric so not great for winter, i love my old k swiss

LaurieFairyCake Mon 31-Aug-09 21:08:04

I bought a pair of brown riding type boots in the Duo sale for £38 - they have a really thick cleated sole so are brilliant for dog walking.

these ones

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 21:10:13

cute but i think are material

cute 2

joliejolie Mon 31-Aug-09 21:12:31

I bought a nice pair the other day for hiking, walking. They look like merrell, but were cheaper and still really comfortable.

Here

Kbear Mon 31-Aug-09 21:13:22

Hogans? Very expensive though.

PinkyRed Mon 31-Aug-09 21:14:46

Saloman trail shoes - like SingingBear's Merrell ones by the sound of it.

Had these Salomon's for four years now, and they've still got years left in them. Had my previous pair for about six years of camping, three festivals, a memorably drenched week in the Lake District and miles and miles of walks across the moors.

joliejolie Mon 31-Aug-09 21:15:29

I also have these for just hanging out with the kids. I get loads of compliments when I wear them.
Wouldn't want to walk too much in them though.

We are a Superdry family, so I may be biased! grin

middymo Tue 01-Sep-09 23:53:59

Joliejolie can I ask you about your Karrimor Summit shoes, are they like trainers with flexible soles, or are they harder/more solid and possibly need wearing in, and also did you need to go up a size. Thanks!

Clary Tue 01-Sep-09 23:57:26

I have walking boots (for walking).

Otherwise I wear boots with high heels.

So not much help really NF.

Don't seem to have anything in between. Is there anything? (apart from trainers, which I only wear to train in)

melmog Wed 02-Sep-09 14:02:40

I've got a lovely pair of grey/purple walking trainer type things from fat face. I don't know how to link though.

I've worn them all summer as the weather has been so crap. They've been through the wash twice too.

Very comfy, probably not as hard wearing as salomon but great for walking woth the buggy and going to the park.

melmog Wed 02-Sep-09 14:03:39

Oh, just realised you wanted leather. These'll be no good for you then!

madeupsurname Wed 02-Sep-09 15:01:24

I have these, they are comfy and go with everything - black, navy, jeans, colours. They are especially nice with wide legged trousers.

pleasechange Wed 02-Sep-09 15:04:49

Like those Duo boots, really nice

I wear a mixture of merrell trail shoes, salomon walking boots, timberlands. Really want a flat stylish boot for this year though, maybe Fly

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 18:39:56

I liek street chic

cocolepew Wed 02-Sep-09 18:48:46

I have these and am going to get grey flat laced boots from River Island

pleasechange Wed 02-Sep-09 19:47:22

They're lovely coco -the fly ones I mean

danthe4th Wed 02-Sep-09 19:51:54

I love skechers trainers, have a look on the m and m website they are much cheaper, I only paid £20 they are normally about £45

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: