Talk

Advanced search

Will Topshop jeans fit Dd1 ??

(25 Posts)
NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:37:55

She is nearly 12, about 5'1 and very skinny, her new school skirt is age 9 hmm

She desperatly needs new jeans but I cannot find any that fit her round the waist and are long enough in the leg. Have tried Tammy girl, H&M, Next and Asda, but to get the length she needs age 12/13 and then the waist is a million times to big.

I haven't shopped in Topshop for years, but I know they do alot of jeans. Will they be likely to have a pair small enough in the waist, but long enough in the leg ??

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:39:24

Oh, and does anyone have any other (cheaper) reccomendations ??

colditz Mon 31-Aug-09 17:42:20

I know they start at a size six and used to come up smaller than every other clothes shop//

bishboschone Mon 31-Aug-09 17:44:50

I think topshop do a size 4 now in a lot of things..I would try diesel too . they do kids jeans and come up long. look on ebay

colditz Mon 31-Aug-09 17:45:20

All the clothes you mentioned comeup quite large.

Hasve you tried shopping in Leicester? The high asian populatio nmeans the average teenaged girl is slimmer there,and the shops seem to buy more 6sin.

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:45:32

Ah, they might be ok then as I think she probably is a 4 or small 6.

I last had a pair of topshop jeans about 5 years ago and haven't fitted into them for hmm about 4 years lol.
I seem to remember that they are about £35 a pair too.

I can't remember if we've tried Gap ones, so will go there too I think.

I was hoping to put it off a few weeks but the poor girl looks like it has taken several people to get her into her current 2 pairs, and she keeps wearing them with uggs so that no one can see how short they are.

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:47:11

I did try and get some bargainous diesel ones from my catalogue but so did everyone else and I missed out.

Never though of going to Leicester tbh. Will have to go when I get my car back and stop being scared lol.

noodlesoup Mon 31-Aug-09 17:47:43

topshop are quite small. I'm a 12 there but a 10 in m&s and a 6 in next.

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:50:19

She will be most pleased if she ends up with a pair from Topshop as she can use the carrier bag for school LOL.

Oh, whilst I'm on here, can anyone reccomend something for acne ? Dd does use a facewash most every day, but she has a crop of spots that have come up on her forehead and they don't sem to be showing any sign of going away.

deaddei Mon 31-Aug-09 17:53:57

I got some for my dd from Pumpkin Patch- very long leg, and the waist adjusts. Their range is called teen angels.
For face care, there's a range called Aimee (sp?) in Boots just for teenage skin- wash, mask,exfoliator. Good stuff and chead- less than a fiver.

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 17:56:06

Oh I didn't realise Pumpkin Patch did a teen range. Thats another one to add to the list then.

Will look for the Aimee range too, thanks.

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 18:00:49

miss selfridge sizes come up very small

AnAuntieNotAMum Mon 31-Aug-09 18:04:42

New Look possibly? Not expensive and do a good selection of lengths and waist sizes.

How many inches is her inside leg?

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 18:12:56

New Look tend to be too big on her waist.

Not sure of her inside leg meaurement, will check later.

I always forget about Miss Selfridge. Add that to the list too.

cookielove Mon 31-Aug-09 18:15:39

i don't know if it is still popular but in my late teens early twenties jane norman bags were the in thing! And more to the point they do do nice jeans and they sizes are small alas i can not and will not shop there anymore and they are quite expensive but do often have sales

Clure Mon 31-Aug-09 18:16:24

Miss selfridge do a size 4, these and Top Shop probably a good bet

SoupDragon Mon 31-Aug-09 18:18:47

A friend's DD (10yrs) has Miss Selfridge jeans sometimes. Also look in the petite ranges.

NervousNutty Mon 31-Aug-09 18:19:21

Oh yes Cookie, they still are. I got dd a Jane Norman school bag last year in the sale, and when I gave it to her she was more thrilled with the carrier bag grin

Have had a quick look on the Miss Selfridge site and their jeans statr from £25 so will head there first I think.

Also need to see if I can find a nice winter coat for her. Her dad got her one last year and it is awful, very erm chavvy shock

NervousNutty Wed 02-Sep-09 17:59:30

Thanks for all of the suggestions, we went shopping today and got a black pair of skinny jeans from Miss Selfridge size 4. They were reduced too so even better.

Also got her a few bits and bobs from the Debenhams sale and had a lovely day. We don't generally see eye to eye so it was nice to go out and have a nice time.

bishboschone Wed 02-Sep-09 18:54:50

sounds like you had a great day nutty

janeite Wed 02-Sep-09 19:02:39

Thanks for this thread Nutty. DD2 is 12, the same height as your dd and mega-skinny. A six is way too big but a size 4 may just do it. DD is in age 12 Gap skinny fit jeans, if you can help me compare them in any way?

I didn't know Pumpkin Patch did teen stuff so will have a look there too.

NervousNutty Wed 02-Sep-09 19:56:09

I can't compare them to GAP ones as dd1 doesn't have any gap ones and didn't try any of theirs on.

I can measure the Miss Selfidge ones though if thats any help ??

ButtercupWafflehead Wed 02-Sep-09 19:59:11

I think the larger ASDA clothes stores have a younger range with size 4, too.

[cheapskate emoticon]

janeite Wed 02-Sep-09 20:59:35

Thanks Nutty. Tis okay - we will go in and try when she's ready for new ones.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 02-Sep-09 21:04:30

Nervous Nutty, DD1 is exactly the same size as your daughter, and Topshop Petite size 6 is a perfect fit for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now