Talk

Advanced search

Jeans.........

(15 Posts)
VeronicaMars Mon 31-Aug-09 17:25:51

Tell me what style you wear, what shape you are and where do you buy yours? Are the more expensive ones worth it? I am finding it very difficult to find nice jeans at the moment. I'm a size twelve!

VeronicaMars Mon 31-Aug-09 17:54:09

bump

cocolepew Mon 31-Aug-09 17:55:54

My favourite pair is from Asda, they were £12.

leothelioness Mon 31-Aug-09 18:05:17

Depends on you shape Veronica and and what type of jeans you are looking for (skinny, flared, bootcut). Personally I always find you have to try jeans on some look good and others awful depending on how much stretch they have etc. take me for example I am not very tall and have huge thighs so would not/should not be caught dead in skinny jeans even if the were designer.

bigTillyMint Mon 31-Aug-09 18:34:45

I have some good ones from asda too blush

triffictits Mon 31-Aug-09 23:18:27

I love expensive jeans and really do think they are worth the extra money. I have 7 for all manking, armani and have my eye on a pair of James too. They dont last any longer than cheaper jeans, but just seem to look better as they are much better cut.

Depends what you want them for - if they are just for everyday round the house/school run then it isnt worth spending a lot, but I wear mine to go out in quite a bit too.

Buy them from John Lewis or Selfridges.

Paige are another nice brand - not had any myself but they are lovely.

You can sometimes get good designer ones in TKMaxx a lot cheaper.

AnyFucker Mon 31-Aug-09 23:22:41

River Island

can't beat 'em

angrypixie Mon 31-Aug-09 23:39:01

Notyourdaughtersjeans for comfort and higher waist fit.

Levi skinnies for thin days grin

used2bthin Mon 31-Aug-09 23:46:19

I agree about River island, they hold their shape and don't do that annoying baggy knee thing. Although I haven't found any recently in there, my three years old ones are still just about wearable which I think is impressive with a small child around (jeans often go through at the knees I find).

AnyFucker Mon 31-Aug-09 23:49:57

I love the boyfriend jeans from River Island, very comfy and trendy

the skinny-type ones are just too trendy for me from there though, so I steer clear of those

they do fab tops/cardis too smile

used2bthin Mon 31-Aug-09 23:53:11

Mine are straight leg, they on't seem to do them without sequins on now though! Same goes for the skinny ones, I'll try the boyfriend ones definately.

Oasis can be good for jeans too,and French connection although they are very expensive.

SuzeMcG Tue 01-Sep-09 11:19:20

My favourites are Citizen for Humanity, Seven, Paige and James. All worth the money, imo, as the cut is better.

missmelly Tue 01-Sep-09 12:32:52

i have about 15 pairs of jeans, my favourites are the expensive ones, Rock and Republic, True Religion and then my FCUK ones (which I always get complimented on, they're a great fit). I think it's worth paying more for a great pair that you wear a lot for a long time, than a cheaper pair that arent really as nice (i have loads of these as well!)

madeupsurname Tue 01-Sep-09 14:32:54

French Connection do really nice flattering jeans - I am a 12 too. They are about £70 but worth it, in my opinion.

VeronicaMars Wed 02-Sep-09 16:24:41

Ooh lots of relpies, haven't been back as I was actually doing some work for a change!!
I picked up some lovelt bootleg and boyfriend jeans from Diesel. I was very surprised but they are a really good fit. Last time I wore Diesel I was a size 10! I do love River Island as well but everything seems to have really odd designs on the back.
I'm not in England so I have never been to John Lewis but I am due to visit a friend this month so I must take a look.
Thanks for the suggestions, now to find a way to change the shape of my legs so I can buy jeans anywhere next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now