Talk

Advanced search

Belstaff Boots

(20 Posts)
CHOOGIRL Sun 30-Aug-09 22:23:44

I'm thinking of getting these Has anyone got experience of this brand? Any good?

KristinaM Sun 30-Aug-09 22:56:36

sorry choogirl, you need to go off to the "shoes enablers" threads for any footwear at £400

its the new mumsnet rule wink

SycamoretreeIsVile Sun 30-Aug-09 23:15:15

Well, I've come over all a-quiver.

They are DIVINE.

<slopes off to join Choogirl at shoe enablers anon>

CHOOGIRL Sun 30-Aug-09 23:19:27

KristinaM - is this to free up space for those endless Boden threads? wink

tulpe Sun 30-Aug-09 23:39:19

Choogirl!

I usually love your sartorial choices but those boots are not nice

What were you thinking of wearing them with? They just seem a bit harsh, tbh. I have biker boots but they are the mid-calf type which are more flattering and wearable, imo.

CHOOGIRL Sun 30-Aug-09 23:45:03

Link please.

I want a black boot that I can wear all winter with dresses, jeans, etc. I don't like the overknee ones,they don't have to be biker boots. My current Jimmy Choo boots have been worn to death and won't take another winter.

tulpe Sun 30-Aug-09 23:51:57

Mine are about 2 years old from Faith. They are very similar to the ones in Gap but with a slightly chunkier sole. Will have a look and see what I can find in terms of links.

I wear mine with jeans, dresses, leggings, etc etc (cannot think what the "etc etc" might stand for but seems appropriate.....<<clueless emoticon>> )

tulpe Mon 31-Aug-09 00:11:51

Okay, the closest I can find (bearing in mind I bought them in 2007...) are these here. However, mine finish a little lower - these look knee length. Will see what I can find for you in stores at mo.

tulpe Mon 31-Aug-09 00:17:34

how about Alberta Ferretti?

CHOOGIRL Mon 31-Aug-09 20:11:00

Liking the AF ones. these are the ones that caught my eye, but even I hesitated at the £700 price tag smile

tulpe Mon 31-Aug-09 20:12:13

Nice. But eyewateringly expensive

fishie Mon 31-Aug-09 20:15:42

i am dying of love for fiorentini and baker and if it wasn't for sodding carnival i would have gone to check out new shop this weekend. note utter lack of prices but they are about $400 on US sites so we can make educated guesses.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 31-Aug-09 20:19:34

If you're prepared to spend that sort of cash on a designer name you'd be better going to duoboots and getting ones that fit your calf perfectly. here

Those AF boots are awfully plain.

fishie Mon 31-Aug-09 20:20:05

also trippen i have black stompy crusaders and long for some ankle boots.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 31-Aug-09 20:21:20

www.duoboots.com/products/boots/detail/calf_fitted_boots_boutique/enna/240/colour/1-black_leather/

these are lovely

fishie Mon 31-Aug-09 20:22:05

i don't like duo they are a bit frumpy - like jones. not got the extra whatever it is.

fishie Mon 31-Aug-09 20:26:38

these duos not too bad but rather shiny looking and i think possibly may make feet look trottery - see model.

SOLOisMeredithGrey Mon 31-Aug-09 20:27:25

Gosh! Belstaff do and have done for years motorcycle boots! now they were always good, but I wouldn't like to say about fashoinable type boots!

CHOOGIRL Mon 31-Aug-09 20:32:03

Laurie - are you saying I have odd calves? I'm happy to pay for quality and something I like regardless of whether it has a 'name' smile

LaurieFairyCake Mon 31-Aug-09 20:34:07

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your calves <pats soothingly> they do them in all sizes, for skinnies and plumpies. The point being that they do them to fit you - so they look a bit more special when they fit properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now