Talk

Advanced search

So, the gnomes

(13 Posts)
dogofpoints Sun 30-Aug-09 22:15:52

What do you think the gnomes achieve in White Stuff's marketing literature?

See here if you need help.

In store, they are running a competition where you have to guess the name of the gnome.

I think they're away with the fairies

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 30-Aug-09 22:18:58

Got to be better than the gingerbread man one. I had to explain why the gingerbread man's pants were off to DS1. That felt rubbish.

dogofpoints Sun 30-Aug-09 22:23:35

lol @ that felt rubbish

You could have come up with a nice reason, butter

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 30-Aug-09 22:26:57

Hmm, was thinking on my feet.
Can't remember what I said now, but I know I was cross with White stuff for making me explain what the gingerbread man (his favourite book at the time) had been up to.
I obviously couldn't come up with a nice reason.

KristinaM Sun 30-Aug-09 22:54:20

well obviously his pants were in the wash

what other reason coudl there be?

dogofpoints Sun 30-Aug-09 22:55:12

the gnome stole 'em. That's why he's blushing

SycamoretreeIsVile Sun 30-Aug-09 22:57:21

Ha ha, this thread made me laugh.

DH and our passed our local WS and thought it was rather funny.

In fact, it probably planted the seed in our heads that made us pick up a leaflet in Bude Tourist info last week and take the DC's to a lovely morning at Devon's finest Gnome World (best 2.75 I ever spent grin)

We now have one nestled among the lavender plants, you know, in a totally post-modern ironic fashion wink grin

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 30-Aug-09 22:57:34

i can only vaguely remember the picture now, but i'm sure one gingerbreadperson was holding the gingerbreadman's pants up while he was running away.

It was a difficult one, you'll have to trust me on it.

dogofpoints Mon 31-Aug-09 17:32:05

I tell you, their edinburch changing rooms are built for gnomes. ABsolutely titch

LetThemEatCake Wed 02-Sep-09 21:01:36

guessing the name of the name sounds alright to me. My local WS has loads of the feckers in the window and your dcs can 'adopt' them ... meaning, you hand over £10 per gnome, they sit in the WS window until end of Oct with a sign hung around their necks saying "this gnome has been adopted by ..... of ......" and then you get to take them home. With 2dcs to contend with and a low resistance to pester power on the day in question, I now find myself £20 poorer and 2 adoption certificates richer. hmm

While I'm on my anti-WS tirade, how about the fact that the store had a stack of catalogues but that I had to sign a form to get one ... but even then, not to get one on the spot but to be sent one in the post at a later, no doubt less convenient, date.

and the fact that I saw this top in the peppermint and asked if they had it in the cranberry, since there were other cranberry knits in the store, and was told no, since it is not part of the store's current 'colour story'. I mean, ffs.

MmeLindt Wed 02-Sep-09 21:06:36

LOL Letthemeatcake. I hate to say it, but they saw you coming. £20 for gnomes! Been cheaper to go to B&Q and buy two.

LetThemEatCake Wed 02-Sep-09 21:10:14

oh ... and the money goes to a charity. But they don't tell you which one.

MmeLindt Wed 02-Sep-09 21:42:26

That is wierd. Why do they not say which charity that they are supporting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now