Talk

Advanced search

Let's talk Boots

(16 Posts)
MrsMattie Sun 30-Aug-09 13:21:20

Let's face it, sandal weather is over. So, let's talk boots. Provide links if poss, please. I need inspiration.

FlightHattendant Sun 30-Aug-09 14:48:20

Well MrsM which kind of boot are you considering.

We have the calf boot, the longer below-knee style or the over-knee wader type.

There is the ankle boot, the biker boot, the horsey boot.

The Ugg. The Ugg 'Cardi'. The fake Ugg.

The dreaded D.M. steel toe capped boot.

With purple flowers on.

I trust you will not be considering the latter.

grin

Rubyrubyruby Sun 30-Aug-09 14:50:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsMattie Sun 30-Aug-09 14:54:21

I've got Uggs, plus I've got some riding boots from last year, but to be honest, I hardly wore them.

I'm after something that I can dress up or down, so preferably with a bit of heel, but not tottering.

Dont mind if they're ankle or over-knee, but feel comfiest in knee boots...

Not looking to spend more than about £80, cheaper if i can help it!

My feet are freezing in sandals today, which has got me thinking about winter footwear options grin

FlightHattendant Sun 30-Aug-09 14:59:55

Hmm. I don't know what size you are but I just got some Fly London ones that may meet your criteria for £89ish. I think they only had a 7 or 8 though, they're around 100 everywhere else afaik.

This type of thing. VV comfy but a narrow calf which I was desperate for as most look like wellies on me!

mumtoted Sun 30-Aug-09 15:09:53

Flip flops! I'm frozen. I've got socks and slippers on but I'm so cold (whispers) I've put the heating on!

Rubyrubyruby Sun 30-Aug-09 15:11:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlightHattendant Sun 30-Aug-09 15:16:00

I was cold last night. It's warm today though...just a bit overcast.

I've been wearing my boots the last few days but getting quite overheated in them! I had some Geox ones last year, still get hot in those but prob less so.

I might be selling them now I have these. Just too many boots!

SausageRocket Sun 30-Aug-09 15:28:17

cold and dark here in sth worcerstershire. Brrr

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 30-Aug-09 16:24:18

I've bought the same boots as FlightHattendant and the shorter Mes aswell.

Both are really comfy and look fab. It's freezing down on the South Coast today, if it wasn't still August I'd be tempted to be wearing my boots.

FlightHattendant Sun 30-Aug-09 16:28:22

Ooh I like the shorter ones too, but could not stretch to both!! Turquoise esp. nice.

Clure Sun 30-Aug-09 16:36:56

I wear flip flops till october. Have been looking for some boots for work, my problem is I don't wear/buy leather so they have to be man made - its a difficult job!

PrincessToadstool Sun 30-Aug-09 19:39:08

I want [http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W06I7W/ref=ordcartshr these]] in pretty much every colour... or at least the red and brown.

I have new Uggs which I swore I'd never buy but I am an overnight convert, so so comfy and warm.

And I am coveting pretty much every style of Fly boots but I've just bought two pairs of Fly shoes and don't want to be a walking advert for them. Much. Well, maybe a bit

PrincessToadstool Sun 30-Aug-09 19:39:27

Oops. Boots were these.

Andrea157 Sun 30-Aug-09 19:44:17

Have you tried www.fatface.co.uk

LittleSilver Sun 30-Aug-09 20:45:57

Sandal weather was here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now