Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Fab foundation

(14 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sat 29-Aug-09 21:18:35

I just want to rave about my foundation. I bought Estee Lauder double wear light a few months ago and really put it to the test today when I went shopping with a friend, and lunch, and got all hot and stuff. Previous foundations would have been long gone by now but mine is still on

whomovedmychocolate Sun 30-Aug-09 19:28:53

It's fab isn't it. I've been using that for a while and it really lasts as well

cocolepew Sun 30-Aug-09 19:30:33

Details women, details! Price? Coverage? Smell? Shades? Erm, that's it.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 30-Aug-09 19:35:51

can't remember price, smells a bit like cardboard with sugar on hmm, shades, umm mine is called something like biscuit.

cocolepew Sun 30-Aug-09 19:37:03

Thanks wmmc that was really helpful.

wink

cocolepew Sun 30-Aug-09 19:37:46

See everyone raved about that Chanel one, what a waste of £30.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 30-Aug-09 19:40:06

£23 www.esteelauder.co.uk/templates/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT21700&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1063

Mine is tawny.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 30-Aug-09 19:41:39

Cocolepew - go ask them at the counter, they have teeny tiny sample bottles! For free - so you can try it for a day.

Their eye brightener is bloody marvellous too - even makes me look unhaglike! grin

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 30-Aug-09 19:42:45

Do they do one in a shade called "salami" for me? grin

cocolepew Sun 30-Aug-09 19:55:16

Ohhh thanks, I see they don't do a Death Warmed Up shade though. I like Estee Lauder stuff actually. I got a bag of stuff worth over £150 for £30 once, but I can never remember the website.

hercules1 Sun 30-Aug-09 20:01:16

I've tried lots of expensive ones and still keep coming back to Tesco Barbara Daly one.

Salleroo Sun 30-Aug-09 20:29:36

Another vote for Double wear - it's the business, like cement when on. Dont get it on your whites though, it doesnt come off! I think I'm Sand.

HelenHighwater Sun 30-Aug-09 20:33:55

Oh my friend recently recommended this one (beauty therapist) and said it's good for greasy skin as it's quite dry. In dire need for a good foundation.

Salleroo Sun 30-Aug-09 21:34:46

It's very dry. They will give you a decent sample in a little pot if you go to one of the Dept stores. Give it a shot, you wont be sorry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: