Talk

Advanced search

Boden kids' sizes

(8 Posts)
fattybumbum Sat 29-Aug-09 18:30:09

Hi, I'm a Boden virgin but am hoping to buy DS some of the autumn stuff. I just wanted an idea of the sizing.

He's 3.5 but on the 91st centile for height and weight. He's in mostly age 5-6 clothes but some Tesco 3-4 yrs trousers fit him as they tend to be broad around the middle. The thing is that he's chunky but a lot of his height is in his back rather than in his legs so trousers often have to be rolled up at the ankle in order to accommodate his girth.

He's got his heart set on red trousers and a red coat (totally obsessed with only wearing this colour)so even though I think the Boden stuff is very expensive, I will get it for him as everywhere else that does age 5+ boys' clothing seems to think that boys of this age only want skulls and grey/black clothes. Dammit! He's still only 3 and I like to see him in 'happy' colours!

So anyway, any advice re sizing would be gratefully received. Cheers!

thisisyesterday Sat 29-Aug-09 18:33:11

it tends to be pretty generous. ds1 is 4.5 and his 3-4 trousers are still fine on him, he is fairly tall.

fattybumbum Sat 29-Aug-09 18:35:23

Jolly good.

While I am at it, do you know of anywhere else which sells 'happy' clothes for boys aged 5+ (ie no black/skulls/I am naughty stuff) - that does not cost £££?

janeite Sat 29-Aug-09 18:40:04

Pumpkin Patch?

Boden kids' stuff comes up enormous, if the (very few) bits I have bought for my dds are anything to go by.

H&M always used to be quite good for littlies too, much as I hate the place.

thisisyesterday Sat 29-Aug-09 19:59:27

def h&m, also boots

you'll love nordickids but that's pricey too

jako-o.com

mondaymonday Sat 29-Aug-09 20:13:33

agree boden kids stuff is pretty roomy

Have you tried green baby?

fattybumbum Sun 30-Aug-09 10:01:04

Green Baby is nice but only goes up to 4-5. It's annoying that if you have a tall child that the clothes style for their size is innappropriately 'edgey and teenagery'. Nordic Kids is v.nice too but too expensive for our budget. I haven't been to H&M for a long time but I do remember gettting nice things in there for him when he was a baby.

mimsum Sun 30-Aug-09 12:33:01

if you like stripes, kids should be kids is fab and very cheap too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now