Talk

Advanced search

Boden Velvet Coat

(7 Posts)
bebesequin Fri 28-Aug-09 20:56:28

Is it nice in real life ? How fitted is the fitted styling? I am contemplating purchase-anyone seen any alternative velvet or cord coats-it's finally time to retire my black velvet pea coat- much admired by a friend last year and I had to confess it was older than her daughter- purchased in a Next sale way back in the 90s and faithfully brought out every December- just feels wrong any other time of the year-any info on the Boden one would be great

PutDown Fri 28-Aug-09 21:17:50

I've got the purple one,I like it as it is quite fitted as oppsed to last year's more 'swing' model.I have it in 12,am between 10 and 12,so is possibly quite small fitting.
HTH

bebesequin Fri 28-Aug-09 21:22:06

I was considering the deep damson-would prob go for the 12 then-as I'm a size 10 normally but a bit busty and might need the 12- thanks for that

purplepeony Sat 29-Aug-09 09:24:36

white stuff have a velvet one in green- I got it in brown last year and considerably cheaper than Boden.

autumnscoming Sat 29-Aug-09 10:29:37

there are nice cord jackets in Marisota dont think they do 10s starts at a 12 i think i have ordered 2 in different styles and colours and the beauty is even though they are quite reasonably priced to start with you have the pay them up option

yomellamoHelly Sat 29-Aug-09 10:54:36

I've got the teal coloured one. I think it's gorgeous - really flattering fit. (Generally find them a bit hit or miss.) Would say sizing not that generous so you need to consider which size would suit.

bebesequin Sat 29-Aug-09 19:57:25

I contemplated so long there is now a 10 week wait for the damson /purple one- so will check out white stuff version and marisota too- thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now