Talk

Advanced search

I haven't done the plaid shirt thing since I was a 19-year old student but find myself drawn to

(26 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 20:31:32

this

any thoughts?

CybilLiberty Fri 28-Aug-09 20:34:28

The sweet collar makes it a little different from your typical checked shirt that is everyyyywherre

Meglet Fri 28-Aug-09 20:37:00

it's quite pretty.

I have a red / white from from Primark, looks fine with slim jeans and sheepskin boots. I do tend to start singing the lumberjack song when I see myself in the mirror though grin.

lljkk Fri 28-Aug-09 20:39:41

I hate it, sorry; not because it's plaid, but the colours clash badly to my eye.
I wear some old plaid shirts, just to avoid buying new clothes, really!

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 20:49:49

am having dc3 in a few weeks and on the bfing clothes mission ... thought this could be quite useful without looking like "that's it, I give up, I'm just a mum...."

PuppyLoves Fri 28-Aug-09 20:52:51

Its a bargin!

janeite Fri 28-Aug-09 20:53:25

I like the cute little collar.

squeaver Fri 28-Aug-09 20:54:17

I like it, esp the collar. You'd have to have the right colouring though.

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 21:18:22

what's the right colouring, do you think? I'm olive-skinned, dark hair. Would yellow make me look sick? Have a profile pic.

janeite Fri 28-Aug-09 21:19:50

Oh you're lovely. Go for it - it will look gorgeous on you. But whatever you do, don't wear it with leggings!

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 21:23:54

oh god, can you imagine?? fitted shirt and leggings after giving birth to a third child??? SO not going to happen!!!

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:35:49

We have established on many previous occasions that you would look stunning in a sack and wellies!!! So yes, go for the shirt - esp with high waisted skinnies as per model on website.

Oh and I have told you - you will not be giving birth in a few weeks - its going to be 5 weeks on Saturday - be told woman!!! grin

nevergoogledragonbutter Fri 28-Aug-09 21:37:39

actually I've had another look and it's lovely, and bargainous.

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 21:43:38

minxy love, you are a sweetheart but I while I don't deny that I can scrub up alright when required, it's a completely different thing when breastfeeding and shedding baby bulk!!!

I will graciously accept all compliments next summer!!

I am giving birth on 22nd Sept. I've decided. My mum arrives from Australia on the 21st so the baby has got to be born the next day. That way, I have no childcare issues AND she gets to maximise her time with the new bub before she goes back AND i get to maximise her usefulness grin

Okay, so give me your opinions on my other post-bub/ bfing choices please:

this, although AnyFucker warned me away from horizontal stripes

this for colour and easy access

this for warmth and ease

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 21:45:01

5 weeks ... how are you feeling?? so exciting!!

can you link to your dress??

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:45:15

damn you woman

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:45:16

damn you woman

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 21:46:32

tee hee.

What colour blazer did you go for??

BonsoirAnna Fri 28-Aug-09 21:47:59

We went to Abercrombie & Fitch last week to buy stuff for the DSSs. Every last sales assistant was wearing a checked shirt. They are big news if you are in that age group....

There were quite a few around last year too.

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:49:38

No, the dress is a one off grin

Went for black as I am boring trying to plan a capsule wardrobe for NYC, so working ob blacks greys and whites.

Ordered a tulip parka type thing as well, although I'm hoping that its going to be warm enough for blazer/cardi.

Oh there is a pic from hen night last weekend on profile

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:52:39

Love the second and third dress, not fussed on first one - bit shapeless?

I was going to suggest this but obviously not good for B/F

geordieminx Fri 28-Aug-09 21:53:32

pretty and cheap

CHOOGIRL Fri 28-Aug-09 22:03:26

Hi

Loving the t-bags one, and obviously the Boden one. I think the Marc jacobs one looks OK too, but I'm on a bit of a downer with Marc Jacobs this season - pretty much everything I have ordered has gone back. The sizing has been so inconsistent.

PS Have you seen the dress I ordered from NAP this morning? here Fingers crossed it fits!

LetThemEatCake Fri 28-Aug-09 23:12:22

hey Choogirl! I didn't see that you'd posted a thread this morning but OMG, that dress is heaven. Absolutely stunning - and the shoes are perfect.

Know what you mean re; MJ sizing .. I have this dress from a couple of seasons ago in an XS and I am still wearing it at 36 weeks preg. Go figure. I thought the stripey thing might be good over leggings for now and then handy beach cover up once I'm 'back to normal'. I don't mind shapeless as long as there's some leg on show to balance it out grin

geordie - gorgeous hen pic!!! where did you go? did you have a great time??

LetThemEatCake Sat 29-Aug-09 13:44:19

flipping shirt has sold out!!! he who hesitates, and all that ... grrrr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now