Talk

Advanced search

Boden BOW coat...

(17 Posts)
FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:34:33

Mine arrived today, sale price...I'm so fed up.

It's gorgeous looking, lined beautifully, nice single breasted shape and feels delicious.

However I can't move in it.

If you raise your arms to adjust your hair, reach forward to lift a small child - it doesn't stretch and you feel like the arms are going to break off!

When are they going to make clothes for real people instead of mannequins? I'd love to keep it as it looks so nice but I can't just stand there all day.

<sulks>

Ronaldinhio Fri 28-Aug-09 18:35:57

perhaps a larger size.......

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:40:32

Well it's fine if I stand still. Plenty of room, usual size etc.
I think a 12 would hang off me. It's not the size as such, it's the lack of stretch iyswim. maybe I just have extra broad shoulders or something...

In fact it is loose if anything. Just doesn't let you move your arms grin

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:41:40

If you sort of 'hunch' it up so the waistband is round your bosom, you can then lift your arms up. It looks silly doing that though.

autumnscoming Fri 28-Aug-09 18:41:52

i would wait til the arms actually broke off them send it back to Boden in the meantime id wear it i ordered one but it was miles too wee

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:43:45

Fair point, I might do that grin

It is a good shape otherwise. I wonder if they get people to move in their samples. They should.

Boco Fri 28-Aug-09 18:45:04

Carry a small foldable step ladder with you at all times so that there is no real need to raise your arms above your head.

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:46:36

why didn't I THINK of that???

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:47:09

<obviously because my name is not Candida and my favourite food is not duck a l'orange>

autumnscoming Fri 28-Aug-09 18:47:13

in that voice they always use......A great gift for Christmas the Boden Bow coat...now with moveable arms can just see the advert

autumnscoming Fri 28-Aug-09 18:48:24

Candida sounds like thrush

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:50:09

LOL grin

they are trying to subsume us into ineffectual positions and therefore status

It's the thin end I tell you. Can't write the cheque to pay the cleaner, can't reach the key for the wine cellar...

heck how on earth am I supposed to VOTE???

Boco Fri 28-Aug-09 18:51:48

LOL. Fucking Johnnie. Bastard.

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:52:35

indeed angry

autumnscoming Fri 28-Aug-09 18:53:05

cheques are so passe dahling give the cleaner Boden vouchers( and in all truth thats how i discovered Boden slaving away and there was the catalogue sitting on a table open...changed my life)

FlightHattendant Fri 28-Aug-09 18:54:54

I think i might give her the COAT as her Christmas bonus. On the proviso that she doesn't wear it to clean in, because, well, she couldn't grin

<flicks duster using only elbow joint>

autumnscoming Fri 28-Aug-09 18:56:31

LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now