Talk

Advanced search

My breasts dont exist? How can that be?

(13 Posts)
thisisnotwhatifancied Thu 27-Aug-09 21:25:35

I'm using Debenhams measuring chart here and according to my careful triply done measurements my cup measurement is 45" (yes I know I am big) and my body measurement is 36" and they dont go anywhere near meeting up on the chart! What should I do?

NorthernSky Thu 27-Aug-09 21:55:00

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Thu 27-Aug-09 21:57:13

eh, it says your a 40F???

EyelinerOfTheTiger Thu 27-Aug-09 21:57:36

Nope no bust here either hmm easiest way to downsize my G cups I've found so far. Great news.

thisisnotwhatifancied Thu 27-Aug-09 23:36:26

I'm confused now which way I'm supposed to be reading that chart. But I found from a google search a yahoo answers thing says I am 38DD for whatever thats worth...

CarGirl Fri 28-Aug-09 20:22:31

under chest on the left over boobs across the top left to right.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 28-Aug-09 20:23:54

I think these charts are rubbish.

According to one the other day my 36 inch bust equals a size 12. No way will my breasts fit in a 12.

macherie Fri 28-Aug-09 20:35:14

I had a bra epiphany a few weeks ago after reading lots of threads on Bravissimo. There is no Bravissimo here and everywhere I have been measured was rubbish.

I studied their website and spent an afternoon in town trying on various sizes until I got it right.

I went from 36b (as measured) to 32d. My bra feels comfortable for the first time in years.

I think trial and error is the only way, the bravissimo site is very good about how to find the correct size.

AbricotsSecs Fri 28-Aug-09 21:31:16

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Fri 28-Aug-09 21:32:17

Message withdrawn

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Fri 28-Aug-09 21:36:26

I've been to bravissimo today.

I've gone from a 34 DD to a 32F!!

No meauring tapes they just start from what you've got on look at it and asess and then work from there. It's about how it fits not what size it is.

Really, really good shop and loads of choice of styles. Bought 2 bikinis too. Bikini top that fits is a revelation!

norktasticninja Fri 28-Aug-09 21:41:38

I agree, trial and error is the way forward and Bravissimo are indeed fab.

You need a starting point though, based on your measurements you're a 36H but maybe a 38G or a 34I might fit better. There's a lot of variation in fit between different styles and brands.

Good luck!

Lizzzombie Fri 28-Aug-09 21:44:07

Can't resist a good bra thread - even if I am about to trundle off to bed...
Used to work at Bravissimo, and now do maternity bra fittings at Mothercare, using the same basic technique.
Don't follow the sizing guide charts on the back of packs etc, they don't make sense. If I was to follow the guidelines on the bras I sell to people, I would be a 36F. I am actually a 32GG. I prefer to have my boobs up where they are supposed to be!
Just remember, your bra size is like your dress size. It varies for each store, brand & style you try on and not every bra looks right on every woman as its not just about what size you are but also what shape you are.
Its annoying, but we are not all able to wear the underwear of our dreams. But, as long as it does what its supposed to then I am happy! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now