Talk

Advanced search

over the knee boots

(12 Posts)
soopermum1 Thu 27-Aug-09 19:09:19

seeing a lot of people on here succumbing to their charms, i am tempted myself, but

what is the maximum age of being able to get away with them
ditto minimum height
what would you wear them with?

Sagacious Thu 27-Aug-09 19:10:23

5"8
A smile (if I was 21 and 5"8)

noddyholder Thu 27-Aug-09 19:11:03

www.collegefashion.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/over-the-knee-boots.jpg

Ewe Thu 27-Aug-09 19:13:11

Agree entirely with Sagacious.

I have never seen them look good on anyone apart from Rhianna, Lohan, cast of Gossip Girl etc.

suwoo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:15:43

Well I am nearly 34, 5 foot 5 and have huge breastfeeding tits.

I will look like a goddess in my own head.

I bought these

Clure Thu 27-Aug-09 22:39:54

ooh suwoo, I like! Do they fit well or are they loose, you know kind of fally down?
I'm tempted by these. I'm 5'1 and slim but wondering if they might swamp me

suwoo Fri 28-Aug-09 07:56:55

Your linked ones look quite slim fitting Clure, I reckon you'd be ok with those. I am still heavy as baby only 4 weeks old, so I'm hoping I don't look too daft in mine. They aren't coming until Saturday, so I'll let you know then.

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Fri 28-Aug-09 08:13:01

I like the look of them and wouldn't care about my age or height but they make me look like a pantomime character and I have muscular legs so would struggle to find ones that fit anyway.

I don't care how dated they are I LOVE my biker boots and feel fab wearing them with dresses. I got two pairs for my birthday.

monkeysmama Fri 28-Aug-09 08:20:52

I have a flat pair & love them so much I got brown & black and wore them all winter with leggings, thick tights & dresses and skinny jeans (though won't be wearing them with jeans this year as I've gone off that look). I think they look a bit different to the knee highs everyone else wears. I am quite tall though but have less tall friend who has brown boots I have & they look good, just longer!

monkeysmama Fri 28-Aug-09 08:20:53

I have a flat pair & love them so much I got brown & black and wore them all winter with leggings, thick tights & dresses and skinny jeans (though won't be wearing them with jeans this year as I've gone off that look). I think they look a bit different to the knee highs everyone else wears. I am quite tall though but have less tall friend who has brown boots I have & they look good, just longer!

RipMacWinkle Fri 28-Aug-09 08:23:02

What height do you think you have to be to carry them off?

I like the idea of them but at 5 feet nothing (with short legs!), I'm worried they'll make me look dumpy/hobbit-like.

Clure Fri 28-Aug-09 09:48:13

Ripmacwinkle, I usually wear knee boots which I think look ok on me (I'm 5'1) not yet tried over knee boots, hoping they may be a good look on me. I also have a pair of biker boots but haven;t yet worn them as I'm not sure they do me any favours - well developed calf muscles from running and cycling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now