Talk

Advanced search

Denim mini dress - one fashion step too far?

(10 Posts)
NorkyButNice Thu 27-Aug-09 18:23:24

Today I bought a denim shirt dress from River Island - I think it looks ok but I have a feeling that actually I have no sense of style and will look ridiculous.

Would you wear such an item?

I'm 29 and a size 12 (ish) in case that makes a difference!

cocolepew Thu 27-Aug-09 18:24:21

If I was 29 and a 12, yes, but I'm not envy

mazzystartled Thu 27-Aug-09 18:26:02

how short? straight or a-line? what kind of denim
how will you wear it?
there's always a slight danger of looking a bit daisy duke in a denim outfit....

LetThemEatCake Thu 27-Aug-09 18:31:22

I've got a short denim dress by Lover (Australian label but i think available on netaporter here) ... I"M NEARLY 37!!!!! and a 10-12. And it was a good buy, very versatile, looks as good over l/s tee and leggings as over bare legs and arms. How much did you pay? If not too ££££ then you can afford to keep it and just wear it on little outings until you get your head around it. Then you buy the DKNY version grin grin grin grin

lou33 Thu 27-Aug-09 18:42:37

i have one similar to this

but it zips up and is darker denim

i wear it with biker boots usually

i am a size 8 and closer to 43

if it suits you and you feel good in it, why not?

i have a pic of me wearing it, but you can only see the top half, so no point in linking

NorkyButNice Thu 27-Aug-09 19:03:44

That one's lovely Lou - the one I bought has longer sleeves but is a similar length. I'm 5'9" so it's fairly bottom skimming!

I was going to wear it with tights and boots but that won't help the Daisy Duke look...

lou33 Thu 27-Aug-09 19:09:23

i'm 5ft 7 and mine is pretty short too

i am sure it looks lovely, post a pic of you in it

mazzystartled Fri 28-Aug-09 20:38:34

so long as its not bare legs and cowboy boots

nice dress lou

lou33 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:13:32

and no stetson

it's not exactly like mine but fairly close

paddingtonbear1 Fri 28-Aug-09 22:16:26

I have one from Next, but I'm only 5ft so it's not that short! They are popular at the moment. I'm sure yours looks fine!
Like yours as well Lou

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now