Talk

Advanced search

baby uggs

(10 Posts)
nannyj Wed 26-Aug-09 22:15:33

I want to get some sheepskin boots for my DD in size 3-6 months for Winter. Saw some in next today. Wish i could afford real ones as they're lovely. Does anyone have ideas where i can find nice cheap ones but not tacky. Mothercare do some but they were a bit bling for my taste.

jkklpu Wed 26-Aug-09 22:18:12

surely this is ludicrous to shell out for this kind of thing for a child who won't be walking - put her in tights and under a blanket when out in the buggy; otherwise, no need for footwear inside

fannybanjo Wed 26-Aug-09 22:19:15

I will be honest with you, they don't stay on! I had the real ones for both DD1 and DD2 (they were presents!) and they were worn once and put back in the box. Not too sure if the copies are any better though!

nannyj Wed 26-Aug-09 22:24:01

I want them for her to wear with a knitted dress for a wedding. The ones in next are £7 so around that price is fine as i'll be carrying her and don't want her feet to get chilly. Am worried tights won't be enough if its cold.

jkklpu Wed 26-Aug-09 22:26:40

think what else you could do with £7 instead of paying for something this frivolous, that probably won't stay on and will never be worn again - if you're going to be in a cold church, better to have the baby in a sling with blanket wrapped around her if you're truly worried about the cold; otherwise, put her in the buggy. At that age, she'll look adorable whatever she's wearing.

mamalovesmojitos Wed 26-Aug-09 22:31:27

my dd had sheepskin boots when she was maybe 9 months (gift from my friend). couldn't tell you where they were bought but they were not AT ALL tacky, they were cosy and fgs they're just shoes - if you like them, buy them and enjoy them smile

jiltedjohn Wed 26-Aug-09 22:33:38

Yup someone bought some for DD at a similar age. She HATED them and they stayed on for all of 3 minutes.

tinseltot Thu 27-Aug-09 10:25:47

I don't think you are being unreasonable to spend £7 for a special occasion but i agree that at your dd's age shoes just don't stay on at all. Perhaps spend the money on a gorgeous blanket for her. I got a lovely velvety one for dd#2 from a supermarket for £8 and it has been used loads. DD#3 has it now and is still going strong and looks new. I once saw a fantastically soft and beautiful blanket in baby gap but was about £25! lots of nice stuff out there though.

tinseltot Thu 27-Aug-09 10:26:16

I don't think you are being unreasonable to spend £7 for a special occasion but i agree that at your dd's age shoes just don't stay on at all. Perhaps spend the money on a gorgeous blanket for her. I got a lovely velvety one for dd#2 from a supermarket for £8 and it has been used loads. DD#3 has it now and is still going strong and looks new. I once saw a fantastically soft and beautiful blanket in baby gap but was about £25! lots of nice stuff out there though.

ThePhantomPlopper Thu 27-Aug-09 12:40:21

My friend gave me a pair of ugg type boots for my DD when she was about that age, they had Velcro openings, so they stayed on fine. She only wore them once or twice, but was happy enough.

I wouldn't say £7 was frivolous for a special occasion and you afford it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now