Talk

Advanced search

New Kate Moss crap at Topshop

(36 Posts)
cocolepew Wed 26-Aug-09 18:58:00

She's been airbrushed to within an inch of her life hmm

MrsMattie Wed 26-Aug-09 19:02:25

Sorry to come across all Daily Mail woman hater, but I have seen Kate Moss up close and she is ropey as hell.

Another 'Emperor's New Clothes' clothing line to add to my list.

"Harking back to the flamboyant 80s, oversized faux fur coats are the ultimate statement piece'.

The only statement wearing an enormous fake fur coat could possibly make is:

a) Pat Butcher is my style icon
b) I will have sex with you if you pay me

dogofpoints Wed 26-Aug-09 19:10:18

She appears to have laddered those tights

cocolepew Wed 26-Aug-09 19:11:03

I like the way she says things are "inspired" by other designers clothes, ie copied. She had a sparkly star dress in her collection once and she had already been pictured in an near identical one by another designer.

warthog Wed 26-Aug-09 19:11:07

and she needs to brush her hair.

themoon66 Wed 26-Aug-09 19:16:00

Butterflies on floaty chiffon - has anyone told Matthew Williamson?

TheCrackFox Wed 26-Aug-09 19:23:55

It is very difficult to work out how nice the clothes actually are with these shots. The Kate Moss range is normally overpriced and badly made. I am turning into my mother.

differentID Wed 26-Aug-09 19:29:53

you'd think with all the money she's making she could afford some new tights, wouldn't you?

notnowbernard Wed 26-Aug-09 19:31:29

It's a bit crack-whore style, isn't it?

Accessorised by hair and make-up

Disenchanted3 Wed 26-Aug-09 19:32:27

she looks awful.

dogofpoints Wed 26-Aug-09 19:33:19

hello, I'm Kate moss. I look fantastic in any old shite. You, however, will not.

NotPlayingAnyMore Wed 26-Aug-09 20:02:36

You could find any of that in any charity shop, any day of the week TBH.

NotPlayingAnyMore Wed 26-Aug-09 20:03:26

Actually - as a big fan of charity shops - I bet I could find nicer clothes for a fraction of the price!

millenniumfalcon Thu 27-Aug-09 15:31:31

the clothes are up on the site now, not just the modelling pics. i realise the point of the thread is for bashing, but this jacket is feckin lush and i desperately want it even though i'd never have a suitable occasion for wearing it.

millenniumfalcon Thu 27-Aug-09 15:36:25

btw i like kate's style, we have similar taste, and i like looking through this collection even though i never buy anything (mostly cos i'm worried it's too distinctive and i may like the clothes but i don't want to buy into the brand).

ifyoudonotlikebodenyoumustbeb Thu 27-Aug-09 16:00:13

its all boggin she must be one of the most overated celebrities ever those pics are just laughable she looks about either 10 or 100

cocolepew Thu 27-Aug-09 16:02:02

KM 'style' is grey skinnys/denim shorts/t -shirt (grey, white or black)/black jacket/boots. That's it, she never changes.

noddyholder Thu 27-Aug-09 16:02:15

I think she gets it so right every time.The constant scrutiny of her face and age etc atm is ridiculous We all age but she looks amazing in any style of clothes.I have to say though the TS stuff is crap quality and cheap looking irl.I like her hair in those pics

midnightexpress Thu 27-Aug-09 16:02:54

I think that the target market is probably a bit younger than yer average MNer though, isn't it? Most if it would look great on some whippet-thin 15-year-old. They can get away with shite tailoring.

cocolepew Thu 27-Aug-09 16:05:31

I was watching a show on BBC2 dealing with fashion. It showed her at a meeting and she produced a jacket out of her bag, that she had picked up in a flea market in Paris. This was going to be inspiration for a jacket for Topshop. They copied it exactly except for putting buttons on it hmm. I could do that.

SpawnChorus Thu 27-Aug-09 16:05:55

Her eye make-up is stunning.

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 16:11:41

She is one of those people who is just very photogenic, not fluffy cutie pie pretty, just striking and photographs well.

I like some of it, tho suspect a 36yr old size 14/16 living in Lancashire who rarely goes out is hardly her target market though grin

millenniumfalcon Thu 27-Aug-09 16:20:27

coco - what do all the high street chains do apart from copy designer stuff? often exactly. and much worse than that imo they often rip off independent designers who have no clout or way to respond, that's how the industry works. copying a design by a designer who's not presently working does them damage how? i'd suggest it makes their work more current/widely known/influential.

and the point is that kate's always had a more eclectic style than other models (whatever that's worth) and mixed designer and vintage stuff. she's been around for what nearly 20 years now, she's only ever worn skinny jeans in all that time, really?

SausageRocket Thu 27-Aug-09 16:23:25

I must be old before my time (am only 27) but I bloody hate all the Kate Moss stuff. I just don't get it, it all looks totally naff.

noddyholder Thu 27-Aug-09 16:25:43

www.insurrectionvintage.com/uploads/6/1/0/9/610924/8651404_orig.jpg Stunning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now