Talk

Advanced search

Nude tights vs fake tan to wear with nude shoes...

(8 Posts)
milki Wed 26-Aug-09 13:37:04

Advice please! Have bought lovely silk cerise pink dress for wedding and fab Kurt Geiger nude patent shoes to go with, now am wondering what to do about my less than lovely legs! Dress finishes just above knee, my legs are pale, vein-y etc so do I go for skin colour tights, or are they a bit wrong? Other prob being I have a tatt on my ankle that will look rubbish under tights. I am complete novice with fake tan so am bit sacred of doing that, and would need to do other skin on show too, no? Don't really have cash to spend on getting tan done at salon, or would that be the only way to go?
Can anyone help me please? Wedding is dp's twin bro and dp is best man, big posh do, I really want to look good!
Thank you.

CMOTdibbler Wed 26-Aug-09 13:40:12

The Sally Hansen Airbrush legs is great for pale veiny legs as it is like makeup - spray into your hand, rub on, and then put more on where you have missed. Get DP to check the back of your legs. Use a wipe to carefully uncover your tatt.

It washes off with soap and water, but stays put till then.

Much easier and more coverage than fake tan

notjustapuppymum Wed 26-Aug-09 13:41:00

If you want a proper fake tan, I would definitely recommend a salon as the best way to go. You don't want to risk a bad DIY job when it's for an occassion.
I always find L'Oreal Nutri Summer really good though, it's one of those tinted moisturisers. I use the medium/dark even though I am very fair. Make sure you exfoliate thoroughly every day for a few days beforehand and every other day whilst you're using it and use normal moisturiser on dry patches.
I always find it gives my pasty legs a lovely natural bit of colour without looking fake tanny - if that makes sense....

tulpe Wed 26-Aug-09 14:44:39

Try St Tropez Everyday on your legs. It is very easy to apply and doesn't smell quite as rank as many of the "holiday skin" fake tans. It will even out your skin tone and make troublesome veins less prominent.

milki Fri 28-Aug-09 11:30:55

Thank you. So should definately go for fake tan option then! I've spotted a salon near me doing a St Tropez spray tan for £15- is that a good deal? It won't be orangey will it? I don't really want a tan, more just an even skin tone, can that be achieved with spray tan? I have very fair skin.

tulpe Fri 28-Aug-09 12:36:28

Do you know anyone else who has been to that particular salon for a spray tan before? Always good to get recommendations. Or go in and speak with the beautician and explain your needs/concerns.

I have had mixed experiences with salon applied fake tan. One great, one horrendous; since then have always used the gradual build up products.

The St Tropez Everyday gives a nice glow fairly soon after application (within 30 mins at least) and evens out skin tone. I have made an awful streaky mess of my legs with other products but this one has never failed me and have been using regularly since March this year.

It costs about £13 in Boots but they recently had an offer on for £8 (which I think was also in Tesco too) so worth having a mooch around for a bargain.

RubyBlueberry Fri 28-Aug-09 12:38:17

St Tropez fake tan for £15 is a bargain - where are you, can I come!!

ilikeshoes Fri 28-Aug-09 17:55:27

Dove do a cheaper version of a daily moisturiser with tan in it, which is natural and you can kind of build it up or just apply once if you want a light coverage, i would not really where tights but if you feel more comfortable in them, the department stores do really natural lookin ones without the reinforced toes(not sure if the shoes were toeless ha).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now