Talk

Advanced search

Haircut tomorrow - please advise!

(11 Posts)
Ninks Tue 25-Aug-09 21:16:30

I've posted about my thin, lank, mid-length oily hair before. Had some excellent suggestions, thank you, but DH feels it would be better if I had a good cut and maybe some layers, (bless, he has researched it) so there it is. Tomorrow I am being treated to a decent style. I might as well, as all I do is put my hair back or up in a clip.

I have a fringe and was thinking of some sort of choppy-ended bob I could tuck behind my ears. I hate having hair around my face.

I also have a DS aged 2 so no time to style it much and I'm shite at blow-drying anyway. Do I keep the back long in that case and avoid those short layers from the crown like Victoria Beckham's "pob"?

What do I say? I am terrified of coming out with an £80 mullet!

MissisBoot Tue 25-Aug-09 21:31:54

I would go for a chin length bob.

How long is your fringe?

Ninks Tue 25-Aug-09 21:38:59

It is just beyond my eyebrows Missisboot. Was thinking of getting it swept and cut to the side perhaps.

MissisBoot Tue 25-Aug-09 21:44:48

If you've got oily hair I'd be tempted to grow out your fringe as it probably gets oilier quicker than the rest of your hair as you'll be touching it more often.

Ninks Tue 25-Aug-09 21:50:04

That makes sense, when it can be tucked behind my ears I'll only be fiddling with the ends. Cheers smile

Ninks Tue 25-Aug-09 21:51:01

That makes sense, when it can be tucked behind my ears I'll only be fiddling with the ends. Cheers smile

MissisBoot Wed 26-Aug-09 09:04:37

Tell your hairdresser that you want it cut so you don't have to spend hours styling it in the morning.

Have fun and don't forget to let us know how you get on!

macherie Wed 26-Aug-09 09:43:54

Yes, I'd say chin length bob with side swept fringe. I have that now after a pixie cut mistake last summer, I have grown mine into a bob that's just long enough to tie back. I don't tie it back that often, but it's good to have the option and a longish side swept fringe softens it up.

I think I'll keep it this length for a while it's easy to look after and versatile.

Ninks Wed 26-Aug-09 16:04:15

I have a chin-length bob with a side fringe!

That was a brilliant idea. I love it, thanks everyone smile

MissisBoot Wed 26-Aug-09 16:13:47

Excellent - glad you're happy with the result!

macherie Wed 26-Aug-09 18:53:55

Great smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now