Advanced search

Does anyone wear "fitflops"?

(23 Posts)
McDreamy Mon 24-Aug-09 22:46:28

Do they work? Are they comfy?

Dogshitsonthedailymail Mon 24-Aug-09 22:49:23

Message withdrawn

Quattrocento Mon 24-Aug-09 22:54:27

I bought a pair after a friend raved about them. "So toning" she said "the sole works by imitating the rolling gait of Masai warriors" she said. And the clincher "I've lost pounds from my buttocks."

The moral of this story, is that a pair of fitflops do not a masai warrior make.

And the pair I bought were effing ugly.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Mon 24-Aug-09 22:56:07

Message withdrawn

EyeballsintheSky Mon 24-Aug-09 22:57:16

I wear them. Couldn't give a bugger about their claims of toning your arse, I just wanted a pair of really really comfy flip flops and they were them.

Quattrocento Mon 24-Aug-09 22:58:52

Utter crap. I am on the point of demanding my £50 back. If they do succeed in helping anyone lose weight, it is because they make your feet sweat with the ridiculous cheap plastic they line the uppers with. Yuck.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Mon 24-Aug-09 23:08:11

I like mine. I'm not convinced about the firming/toning claim but they are v comfortable

FuckOffDailyMail Mon 24-Aug-09 23:20:08

what PantryBoy said

ScummyMummy Mon 24-Aug-09 23:24:38

Agree with the very comfy but not that great looking and definitely not toning brigade. Are they really £50 these days? shock Mine are from a couple of years ago and were around £30, I think.

hellzapoppin Mon 24-Aug-09 23:27:54

My parents wear them. Mum -the fitflops, Dad the MBT shoes..
'Weight loss footwear' - the snake oil of the 21st century.
Even worse, they are deeply fugly.

Feelingforty Tue 25-Aug-09 04:06:00

they're not as ugly as crocs though & waymore comfortable than birkies.

I wear them, I think I've worn them pretty much non-stop last summer & this summer. I can also run in them (which is handy when late).

I have the cloth/fabric uppers & my feet have never sweated in them. I do have odd tan lines on my feet though. They definetly make walking (or pushing a pushchair in a hurry) harder work. Not examined my thighs enough to notice a difference in tone.

EldonAve Tue 25-Aug-09 06:44:24

I think they are okay. Every person and their gran wears them here
I bought mine last year but only really wore them this year
They are comfy but I can't run in them
No sweating issues

CybilLiberty Sun 30-Aug-09 10:32:08

On holiday EVERYONE in Norfolk was wearing these (well at least the Boden brigade).

But they are so ugly . Even the 'sequinned ' ones, attempting to look more pretty. It just doesn't work.

Do more leg lifts in the privacy of your own home, people.

jujumaman Sun 30-Aug-09 14:54:05

I went to a party the other day and every single woman between 30-50 was wearing a pair, me too blush

Mine are the sparkly gold ones and though cybill thinks they're ugly I am often complimented on them. And they are super, super comfy. But as for toning your bum hmm

glitteryb6 Sun 30-Aug-09 15:02:13

i love them and have several pairs!

Only thing my feet feel comfortable in i feel i walk more naturally in them.
i also have the Gogh slip on mules and the Billow boots for winter so i can wear them year round.

I also bought a pair of MBT sandals for the summer as i'd heard they were good but i find them really strange to walk in and really uncomfortable after a short time, so back to the fitflops!

CybilLiberty Sun 30-Aug-09 23:10:33

fit flops to a party?

StressBat Sun 30-Aug-09 23:24:59

Any of these sohoes that claim to do wonders are soooo humphy, not worth it. Just buy some decent trainers and go for a good walk, or go bare foot on grass or even more toning on the beach.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 30-Aug-09 23:38:30

I bought them in my post-natal fat and desperate chunky phase and all they did was give me cracked heels.

To add insult to injury my deeply frumpy health visitor also has a pair.

foofi Sun 30-Aug-09 23:42:03

I have three pairs - they are very comfortable.
I don't think of them as a substitute for exercise though!

sockonmyhead Mon 31-Aug-09 09:37:39

Coming a bit late to this one but I have the Earth Shoes version which are slightly less ugly and really do work at least a little bit. My legs ache after a day in them, although that might not be a good thing!

jujumaman Mon 31-Aug-09 13:55:49

A daytime barbecue type party - even I wouldn't wear them for an evening do

makedoandmend Mon 31-Aug-09 14:04:14

The most comfy sandals I've ever worn - and I was a birky fan. Also I really think that my back is better after a couple of months of wearing them and my dh thinks my posture is better. Not sure about the toning effect though - but I think it might take a bit more than a shoe to do that!

RosieMac Mon 31-Aug-09 14:06:39

I bought mine last summercos of their colour but must say they're so comfortable. I'd never wear normal flat flipflops all day the way I've worn these. Yes, do have dodgily tanned feet but hey. A bit of jif on the white soles and I'll def get a 3rd summer out of them next year. R
PS Weight loss and toning I'm not sure about, comfy good quality flipflops, yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now