Talk

Advanced search

I am toned everywhere but my upper thighs - they are dangly and yuk

(9 Posts)
Jujubean77 Mon 24-Aug-09 17:44:29

does anyone know any good exercises or anything I can do to get them firmer??

tulpe Mon 24-Aug-09 18:08:07

Squats. But need to be done properly otherwise they don't work.

Jujubean77 Mon 24-Aug-09 18:36:28

what kind of squats - can you explain? smile

Jewelsandgems Mon 24-Aug-09 21:30:42

I attend a class called BodyBalance and it has a section called "standing Strength". Basically, you stand in positions with your arms positioned against gravity, meaning your legs get a really good workout, like they ache and ache after just holding these positions for just 10 seconds, and you are there for like 60 seconds! (then you do it again on the other side! It is a total killer) But, has toned up by thighs very nicely, and quick results too.

If you do not have bodybalance nearby I would say next best thing is Yoga.

purplepeony Tue 25-Aug-09 08:25:52

google squats- there are vidoes etc online showing you what to do.

3 sets a day, or 4 times a week- 28-30 altogether- feet apart, bend knees from hips, keep back straight and push bottom out. Hold for 5 secs and rise up. Don't allow knees to come in front of toes.

girlsyearapart Tue 25-Aug-09 08:38:44

j and g- 2nd body balance.

also body pump classes are v g for toning as they use weights and target all areas of body in turn.

your local leisure centre should do classes.

Jujubean77 Tue 25-Aug-09 17:04:25

Thanks guys x

tulpe Tue 25-Aug-09 17:15:01

sorry juju....was not ignoring......didn't realise you had come back to thread to ask further question But I see purplepeony has given fab description

Jujubean77 Tue 25-Aug-09 18:46:45

thats fine tulpe no worries! I have enough to run with now, no excuse for wobbly upper thighs. Have also invested in fitfops for a belt and braces approach grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now