Talk

Advanced search

Full Circle Coats - any good?

(6 Posts)
FlightHattendant Mon 24-Aug-09 15:21:57

Have just ordered one or five two from online shop, to try out - I just wondered if anyone has had a coat by them and what the quality is like.

I think the Evangelista is my fave - here

but not sure till they turn up.

FlightHattendant Tue 25-Aug-09 14:03:43

Well, I can answer this now...

The Erinas is awful - v expensive even from M&M (80 odd down from 200ish?) and it's TOO LONG, the waist is kind of too low, the sleeves are extremely baggy and just weird shaped - it's loose round the middle, in short it's made for a 6ft person with very long, fat arms. So that's going back - nice and soft tho due to cashmere so a pity sad I got a 12 btw, am usually a 10 so get a 12 in coats, to go over stuff, but see below.

The Edger is also a weird shape - like those coats funeral directors wear. not good.
Also the 10 was extremely tight. Going back.

The Enola is still undecided. It's a lovely coat butthe shape is boxy and doesn't do much for the figure - however it is well made and fits well. That's another 12. Fur collar is quite nice too. I don't like the extra flappy bits on the back but they are Ok.

The Evangelista is the one I really liked in the picture.
It's not quite as nice as I hoped. VERY heavy and bulky, the fabric is 55 wool, 45 poly but feels like hardish cotton tbh. It picks up some fluff, but not dreadfully so.

It is a good length especially if tights or such, under - modest enough iyswim - and a nice shape. But it is bulky and you wouldn't want it on a warm autumn day. So very much a winter coat.

I think I'm going to keep it anyway as returns are not free, and sending back everything would be a shame! Plus it is probably going to be lovely when the weather is very cold.

There you go - hope it helps someone else decide! Website I used in the end was M&M direct so everything about 75% off.

joliejolie Tue 25-Aug-09 15:24:14

Not sure about the quality, but I love that coat in your link!

FlightHattendant Tue 25-Aug-09 17:23:22

smile

fishie Tue 25-Aug-09 20:05:48

that's a really nice coat flight, love the collar. but i'd look like had teats in it and have had to get boden boiled wool <ancient crone>.

FlightHattendant Tue 25-Aug-09 20:33:36

grin Yes I liked the collar too, it looked better here actually - but it is kind of chunkier than it looks and v heavy. Still not bad for £43.

Have ordered reduced Boden coat to compare...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now