Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend an organic kids hair detangler..MOP..?

(32 Posts)
shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:00:24

Been using over the last week shampoo & showers products for dd and ds from saira khan's . Love them but can't find a detangler spray and all organic ranges in john lewis & boots etc are the same...

have seen MOP do a range but although organic I think they still contain parabens..?

Im new to this but decided to use organic hair stuff on the kids as I felt mine prob wasn't the best for them (use aussie).

Anyone experience of MOP...?

TIA X

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:09:59

i used mop for a while it was shite.

have you tried the green people website?

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:14:13

couldn't find a detangler with the green people...

what was wrong with MOP..? are they paraben free etc..? can't seem to find it..

was it a certain thing you didn't like.?

cornsillk Mon 24-Aug-09 15:15:58

I liked mop but now prefer aveda. Phyto is a very good natural range made from plants but ££££. If it's just for dd and ds it wouldn't be as expensive I suppose.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:17:07

made my head v. itchy and my hair went all slimy

cornsillk Mon 24-Aug-09 15:18:39

I use phyto's hair relaxing balm called phtyodefrisant as I have very tangly hair and it makes it very easy to comb through. Cost I think £21 for 150 ml which will last me about 6 months. They also do spray de-tangler type thingys .

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:19:46

ah right, anyone know if they are totally organic..? chemical free..?

will look at phyto now cornsilk.

cornsillk Mon 24-Aug-09 15:22:51

The website is quite hard to navigate I find - I get mine from the hairdressers!

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:28:46

you are right there! tried to look and its quite confussing..doesn't take much for me lol!

cornsillk Mon 24-Aug-09 15:31:39

Try here instead!

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:33:39

the halos and horns range (you can get them from Waitrose) is good.

macherie Mon 24-Aug-09 15:33:48

I use the MOP pear hair detangler for dd and ds who both have long hair and its great, we ran out and couldn't find any in shops so bought 2 bottles on ebay.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:34:40

If you wanted more MOP stuff here it is cheapest and they sometimes do a todays special value on them.

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:40:07

Oh thanks laurie.smile.Thanks also for h&h tips,I used them before (think sold in asda) and I don't recall being to impressed blush. Can't remember totally but think the shampoo wasn't to good a lather..(im one of those that needs a shampoo to lather for me to think its working blush)!

I just found HQhair at the same time cornsilk, will look through now.smile.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:45:25

The shampoo of halos and horns is rubbish at lathering because it doesn't have sodium laureth sulfates in it - that lovely lather (I too need lather as in a hard water area) comes solely from SLS. Which is why they don't have it in halo's and horns as it's a yicky chemical to put on kids hair.

Also how about Liz Earle stuff - again cheapest on QVC

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 15:48:56

ah right, so I guess thats the case with most organic/natural stuff....

Gosh,im new to all this blush. Trying my best though to put my lo's on the right road grin.

Will check out liz earle as well....

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:51:15

link

I also saw the above advertised in the Times yesterday, rspb kind to nature products.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:53:01

I use the Orange Blossom shower gel from Liz Earle on dd's hair, but there's no detangler or conditioner unfortunately.

There isn't one in that RSPB stuff either.

Off to hunt for some nice organic detangler - there must be one out there hmm

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:55:21

link to greenpeople

It was on the tip of my tongue - they do lots of conditioners smile

LaurieFairyCake Mon 24-Aug-09 15:56:15

Just noticed you were talking about them further up, never mind

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 17:23:25

thanks again laurie.

I seem to struggle to find a conditioner spray/detangler..I use it on days when I haven't washed the dk's hair as its easier to style iykwim. Just tames it slightly. Ds also has curls and I find it makes his hair curlier smile.

Hmm....the search continues.

claireybee Mon 24-Aug-09 17:31:59

MOP does contain parabens. And if you don't wash your kids' hair everyday it smells of fish.

I now use rose water with a bit of olive oil added in on my dc.

Or this stuff is good if you can get hold of it (quite a few places seem to have it at the moment but it is £)

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 17:54:56

why does it smell of fish..? If you use MOP and don't use it everyday..?

claireybee Mon 24-Aug-09 18:03:32

I think it is if you use it a couple of times without washing in between, build up maybe?

shhhh Mon 24-Aug-09 18:04:38

ah right...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now