Talk

Advanced search

my nails are raggedy and UGLY!! please help.

(6 Posts)
Numberfour Sun 23-Aug-09 22:18:17

sure that this has been a million times, but i cannot be arsed to search right now!

so what is good to use for short, nibbled, peeling, splitting nails with dry, splitting cuticles.

sad

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Sun 23-Aug-09 23:24:39

Short - stop NIBBLING. Get nasty tasting nail stuff, wear woolly gloves, fine yourself AND promise yourself a professional manicure when your nails are long enough

Peeling - start putting on a good protective base coat, should help with the splitting

Cuticles - get a good hand cream and moisturise your cuticles properly. If you can afford to splash out L'Occitane do a lovely lavender one

Invest in a glass nail file - so much nicer than emery boards - and if you break/split/catch a nail then don't be tempted to chew it but use your lovely glass file to sort it out.

Start putting polish on them. It'll make them look nicer and you'll feel better instantly.

Numberfour Mon 24-Aug-09 07:40:06

thanks, frakkinpannietc

bloss Mon 24-Aug-09 07:57:19

Message withdrawn

McDreamy Mon 24-Aug-09 08:19:30

I used this (the kit on the right) a few years ago after my mum bought it for me one Xmas. I have always suffered with bad nail, they split easily, are ridged - this stuff sorted them out. I was amazed, it's really good and I still use it now.

ADifferentMe Mon 24-Aug-09 09:13:17

There's a really old product called NuNale that's been around for ages. It's just a cream you massage in and it strengthens them - I've been using it for over 30 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now