Talk

Advanced search

Will i regret this?

(14 Posts)
PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 20:27:27

At the moment i have long hair & i have done the MN haircut so it has nice layers going through it,however i am feeling the urge to get it all chopped into a short bob.

I have v.dark hair & a fringe.

Will it look childish? Or do i keep it long?

Jewelsandgems Sun 23-Aug-09 20:37:03

Danni Minogue looks great with a short bob n fringe

see

PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 20:45:16

I know,thats what has got me wanting a bob,seeing her last night on the box.

I just dont want to cut it all off then regret it straight away.

Jewelsandgems Sun 23-Aug-09 20:47:24

Why not just keep it as it right now and see how you get on with that. You can still do different stuff with yours, like drying it all messy like Alexa Chung.

Overmydeadbody Sun 23-Aug-09 20:50:26

Some people look amazing with bobs. I have a friend who has a thing for women with short dark bobs.

What shape face do you have? If it's quite thin and angular a bob will probably suit you without you looking childish.

I have an urge to cut all of mine off now too, it is long and curly and black.

LynetteScavo Sun 23-Aug-09 20:53:24

Danni lloks fab...you will feel great!

PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 20:54:48

I have a squarish shape face,i have good cheekbones & green eyes.

Oh i am so tempted to go for it.

If i let it dry on its own it goes wavy & windswept & i only straighten it if we are going somewhere nice otherwise its tied up in a pony tail or Cathy from Wuthering heights style.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 20:58:14

Oh, sorry I really don't like bobs, especially not dark ones.

You have to have incredibly elfin features for it. Otherwise you will look like a lego figure.

I think they can make women look controlling and a bit scary.

Go carefully.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 20:59:02

But if you have wavy hair a bob like that will be really high maintenance non?

PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:01:09

I know,it would be but i am just sick of wearing my hair up all the time.

LOL @ lego figure grin

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 21:06:15

PM, I do know what you mean. Have you tried GHDs or hair cream to tame frizz and tidy up? I find both work wonders in enabling me to wear my hair down most days.

I have long wavy hair and after years of experimenting with different styles (including the dreaded bob may I add) I've just settled on keeping it long. I like the flexibility of being able to wear it up. I have it highlighted regularly which makes it more interesting.

PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:08:35

I have GHDS but dont like to use them all the time,i suppose i should look into finding a good cream to put in my hair to accentuate the curl more shouldnt i?

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 21:40:02

Yes, waves are back, apparently... I use Frizz Ease cream and it works really well. smile

PM73 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:42:40

Thanks for the tip TB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now