Talk

Advanced search

Where do your 7yo girls like to shop?

(20 Posts)
Smithagain Sun 23-Aug-09 20:12:37

For the first time in her life, DD1 is asking to go shopping for clothes. She has officially decided that pink is for babies and wants some new clothes. Thankfully, she is also growing fast, so can justify buying some new clothes.

She's skinny. Next fits her well. So does Vertbaudet, but neither of us is too inspired by their latest offering. M&S clothes never fit. And I'm much too boring to know about anywhere else!

So basically, I'm wondering what High St shops the young shopper is favouring these days!

Hulababy Sun 23-Aug-09 20:19:18

7y DD wears clothes from a wide range of places: Gap, Next, Vertbaudet, H&M, Debenhams, John Lewis, M&S, Fat Face, Pumpkin Patch, etc. She also has clothes froms ales in some of the "designer" type shops - for example we got some Deisel jeans and top for a bargain (cheaper than Gap) in a sale ina local indie shop yesterday.

Smithagain Sun 23-Aug-09 21:24:03

Thanks! Had forgotten about Gap (can you tell how long I've been avoiding shopping in real shops as opposed to online!) Think she'd like their style. Pumpkin Patch, too if I can find them. And I didn't know Fat Face did children's stuff, so wouldn't have tried.

Now I need to identify a town with three or four options in close proximity to each other, so she stays interested for long enough to actually make some decisions!

brokenspacebar Sun 23-Aug-09 21:44:26

My dd is 8 and thinks shopping is a form of punishment, I will enjoy that whilst it lasts.

Smithagain Sun 23-Aug-09 21:47:37

LOL! Have been adopting that approach up till now! But I quite like the idea of shopping together while she's actually expressing an interest and it'll use up one of the remaining days of the holidays. But I don't want to end up trailing around aimlessly and boring her - hence the post.

Sparkler Sun 23-Aug-09 21:48:24

My DDs are 7 and 10 and my eldest is only just starting to take an interest in clothes shopping. DD2 is slightly showing an interest only because her biggest sister is. Neither of them would be bothered which shop they would buy them from - they just like to have something new. We've had hours of fun just rumaging through charity shops together and finding little bargains for them to wear - who needs name brands? grin

Smithagain Mon 24-Aug-09 07:50:32

Who said anything about name brands? smile

Not looking for cutting-edge fashion. Just a couple of shops I might not have thought of (being a middle aged, online-shopping kind of gal), to keep it fun and productive.

cocolepew Mon 24-Aug-09 08:09:03

H and M.

McDreamy Mon 24-Aug-09 08:15:36

ToysRUs - she's not really discovered fashion yet!

catinthehat2 Mon 24-Aug-09 08:24:42

Skinny narrow 7yo = H&M

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 24-Aug-09 08:24:58

My 9yo likes Next and H&M. She likes some of the stuff in Pumpkin patch in the Urban Angel section but shes a bit in between in PP (not old enough for most of urban Angel range but the main range is def for younger kids) She also likes some of the stuff in Debenhams.

tbh, shes got much better clothes sense than me so shes quite handy when I need something for myself!

Smithagain Mon 24-Aug-09 09:39:37

H&M it is, then!

OK - Have identified nearby town with H&M kids, Pumpkin Patch, Next and a decent toy shop for spending birthday money. Sorted!

FrameyMcFrame Mon 24-Aug-09 10:25:10

H and M, good design for not much money.
Also new look has fun fashion stuff for little girls and is cheap as chips.

Earlybird Mon 24-Aug-09 10:29:06

DD loves the clothes from Zara.

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 24-Aug-09 10:36:47

fat face and disney store grin

hazlinh Mon 24-Aug-09 14:45:49

Ooh Gap, Next, Zara, PP, sometimes Debenhams or Monsoon.

hazlinh Mon 24-Aug-09 14:46:32

oh sorry, i forgot u were asking about a SEVEN yo. i have a 5. sorry!

Smithagain Mon 24-Aug-09 15:54:02

It' OK hazlinh. DD's quite a "young" seven, despite suddenly developing some fashion sense!

MaggieLeo Mon 24-Aug-09 15:57:58

Dunnes! they are dreadful for 'ripping off' other brands. Got rip off converse purple trainers, a rip-off boden top and a pair of skinny jeans for dd there the other day. ?24 the lot. SHe would OUT-boden even the most Boden-like Hebe in that little outfit.

Tesco occasionally, and Next occasionally. Never penneys, because cheap they may be but they are made for fat children. I am convinced of it, nothing fits a thin child. By the time it fits round the middle, it would be far too short.

My dd would love fat face! I wouldn't want to encourage expensive tastes though.

MaggieLeo Mon 24-Aug-09 15:58:56

Yes, H&M is fabulous too,,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now