Talk

Advanced search

Swoonerama... which of these lovely Mulberry bags would YOU choose?

(29 Posts)
TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 18:42:46

Just out of interest grin

Abigail

Mitzy

Bayswater

Tidey Sun 23-Aug-09 18:44:37

I don't like any of them very much but if I had to have one, the second one.

squeaver Sun 23-Aug-09 18:46:13

Bayswater every time. I like the purple suede croc.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 18:47:47

nope don't get mulberry at all.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 18:50:35

You like the Bayswater in purple suede croc?

Does the Bayswater look a bit boring though? It was my first choice because I have a pair of purple Bayswater pumps. (V good bargain at local Outlet shop!) I would like a purple work bag to match, need to start saving grin.

squeaver Sun 23-Aug-09 18:51:32

no it's classic. not fashion-y like the other too.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 18:53:31

Hmm, you are right Squeaver. I can't afford a bag a season so it has to be classic!

mrswoolf Sun 23-Aug-09 18:58:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 23-Aug-09 19:02:54

this one

I love the bayswater - classic.

TKMaxx had something very similar to the bayswater in purple for £40. Too skint to even get the bayswater look-a-like.sad

tulpe Sun 23-Aug-09 20:37:05

I have a Ledbury. It was a christmas present 4 years ago and I have used it so much. You can adjust the size so that it is small enough for a regular day bag but then expand the width so that it works as an overnight bag.

Love it.

Am planning on asking for a Bayswater this year

BobtheWoodmouse Sun 23-Aug-09 21:37:36

I have a Bayswater in oak, it's a bit bashed about now but still going strong, it's the bag I reach for the most, paid for itself several times over, in cost per wear terms.

TheBolter Sun 23-Aug-09 21:41:02

Thanks for the advice, think the Bayswater's winning.

lepirate Sun 23-Aug-09 21:47:58

the mitzy hobo in purple for def

joliejolie Sun 23-Aug-09 23:36:46

I have the Mitzy hobo in oak, but I had to sell FOUR of my old bags on Ebay to afford it!

Tidey Sun 23-Aug-09 23:43:01

JEEEEEZUS. I didn't look at the price when I posted earlier. Clearly I have led a sheltered life if that's what normal non-famous people pay for a handbag. Mine holds stuff and cost £6. Do these ones do something other than that that I'm not aware of?

stillfrazzled Mon 24-Aug-09 10:55:58

I really want a Phoebe, in apple green.

Not that I will ever, ever own one - it's my Lottery win bag.

macherie Mon 24-Aug-09 11:21:06

Bayswater is a beautiful shape, I have a pale pinky lilac for summer and a chocolate one for winter. I love bag shopping but never find anything I love as much as the bayswater.

jemart Wed 26-Aug-09 23:17:57

I like rouge noir colour alot, like the bayswater shape but not in patent so of those three bags would go for the Mitzy.
Abigail is lovely but don't like it in the suede.

joliejolie Fri 28-Aug-09 11:40:17

I love Mulberry, but I must say I have regretted a few purchases.
I bought the Mabel in the pink fuschia for a really low price as my Christmas gift last year. I have only used it once!
sad

I usually just stick with a trusty (and much cheaper) bag that I wont be too afraid to use.

nessus Mon 31-Aug-09 13:47:09

Bayswater all the way!

I have the Bayswater in Oak, which I think is a colour you cannot go wrong with. Although, I handled the Violet suede croc print in HOF yesterday and was quite drawn to it too.

Whatever you do, avoid the Roxanne, I made that costly mistake about 3yrs ago...

My next acquisition shall be a Black Shimmy, have you considered it?

MorningMorgantown Mon 31-Aug-09 14:14:40

Why'd you say avoid the Roxanne? (I've been coveting one for a while)

joliejolie Mon 31-Aug-09 14:36:21

The Roxanne is a pain in the ass to get in and out of and it is not very comfortable on the shoulder (straps slips off constantly).
That was my experience anyway.

MorningMorgantown Mon 31-Aug-09 18:47:41

Ah right, thanks, sounds annoying. Might have to reconsider the object of my affection.

Mitzy Hobo, but only if you twisted my arm.

Why does your bag need to match your shoes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now