Talk

Advanced search

sad but true - your body looks better nekkid when tanned

(66 Posts)
PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 12:21:54

yadda yadda skin cancer( wlthough I read recently that the casusative effect of sun might have been overrated they think) and wrinkles etcetc

BUT its true

TheOldestCat Sun 23-Aug-09 12:25:18

I disagree - maybe your body does but mine looks best in its English rose pale state. Tis subjective innit?

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 12:38:52

Message withdrawn

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 12:39:26

Message withdrawn

LadyMuck Sun 23-Aug-09 12:40:06

I sort of agree, but I'm not a fan of tanlines everywhere, and my days of topless bathing are definitely behind me.

PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 12:40:49

no disregarding tan lines etc
you just dont look as fat I think

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 12:41:13

Message withdrawn

PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 12:42:17

Or maybe I did lose weight
Its just not as, doughy

of course my body is ROCK hard with muscle

LadyMuck Sun 23-Aug-09 12:45:35

Well most people look better if they lose half a stone or so and tone up. Perhaps there's a connection with all the situps one does before heading off to a beach for a couple of weeks?

PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 12:45:58

oh yes
those grin

janeite Sun 23-Aug-09 15:54:22

You are right. Just returned from two weeks away and a tanned tummy is much more of a thing of beauty than an untanned one, even though it wobbles just as much as when pale. Unfortunately my face doesn't suit being tanned and just looks a bit grubby.

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 16:03:39

Guys. I reported my posts becuase I went off at the deep end, I apologise...but please, please be careful and DON'T sunbathe, keep covered - it is SO dangerous. You don't want to be facing this kind of thing in your 30s or whatever. And same goes for children - usually the damage is done in childhood.

Said my bit now - hope maybe even one person listens.

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 16:08:11

I agree - however my tan is entirely fake and accompanied by industrial strength body scrubs does look better.

Still hideous though - am I the only person who genuinely hates their body? It is irrational - it has created life and goes about its business with the minimum of fuss, but god, i hate the way it has deteriorated over the years!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 23-Aug-09 16:09:32

Get your tan out of a bottle

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 16:10:00

No comment TPT grin but still better to have your health iyswim.

janeite Sun 23-Aug-09 16:11:27

Mine is real but the result of two weeks smothered in factor 50.

janeite Sun 23-Aug-09 16:12:17

And have just got the holiday photographs back and must admit that my body (whilst not good) looked better than my face in most of them!

FlightHattendant Sun 23-Aug-09 16:14:31

Janeite - I'm glad you use factor 50, but I really think staying covered is the safest option. Not being a scientist or anything but I don't uncover myself at all these days - strange how someone close to you can bring the message right home. sad

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 16:18:15

I do have a horror of having to have bits chopped off/out to avoid malignant melanoma - and brown spots on backs of hands.

PitysSake Sun 23-Aug-09 16:56:37

read this

watsthestory Sun 23-Aug-09 17:01:19

Message withdrawn

Paolosgirl Sun 23-Aug-09 17:01:59

For crying out loud - a tan is a burn. It increases your risk of cancer and is not something anyone in the right mind would covet - wrinkles and sun spots are the least of your worries. Have the health messages of the last years not had any effect?

Get your tan out of a bottle.

shonaspurtle Sun 23-Aug-09 17:08:01

It's a true fact.

I'm a turquoise-hued redhead and am very envy of people with darker skins however they're achieved. My thighs definitely appear twice their girth when exposed in all their luminous whiteness.

Of course it's just the cherry on top that I've got a higher risk of skin cancer from spending my teenage years trying to get a tan and look stupid if I fake it.

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 17:09:32

Is your colouring like that ofthe real shona spurtle? Mine is. However, a leetle 'holiday skin' justs about passes muster

HolyGuacamole Sun 23-Aug-09 17:15:31

I think that skin that has been exposed to sun for years doesn't look nice. A 50 year old with pale skin that has never really tanned looks much, much nicer than a 50 year old who has tanned year upon year. So yeah, in the short term, it does look nice but not in the long term.

PS: I don't tan, am so pale I practically pick up satellite when I'm abroad with my skin exposed grin blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now