Talk

Advanced search

Euuggh. Breastfeeding, pale, hairy, fat, broke - and a wedding and holiday to go to...

(21 Posts)
christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 12:15:02

Message withdrawn

christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 12:15:45

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Sun 23-Aug-09 12:17:46

Buy a fan spray tan, shave hairy bits, Primark do sucky in pants but I don't know how good they are, do hair, paint nails.

Lizzylou Sun 23-Aug-09 12:19:17

Spanx are fab, they really work.

Have you a floaty dress that you could wear? Maxi dresses are in and they hide a multitude of sins.

I felt the same after both pgs, but now I look at the photos and my skin and hair has never been better.

Work your good points, perhaps have a new haircut, get a friend to do your make up, get some new costume jewellery (ASda and Tesco do some lovely stuff)?

christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 12:34:41

Message withdrawn

moondog Sun 23-Aug-09 12:44:48

No, but you will have the new mum glow which is also beautiful. smile
Far more beautiful than owt from a bottle or an expensive shop.

christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 12:54:29

Message withdrawn

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 13:10:13

What size are you? I am wearing a lovely dress to a wedding. The same one is on ebay, the first picture doesn't really do it justice it;s a lovely dress.

Here in a size 10 with matching bag currently no bids, minimum bid £5 / buy it now £30.

Or here in a size 12 (no bag) - also no bids, starting bid £14.99 - this picture does it more justice. This one runs out at 9 this evening though.

I plan to wear it with a wrap and slip the shoulder off when I want to BF.

christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 13:20:38

Message withdrawn

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 17:05:42

I have - ahem - pretty big boobs, and it's a generous cut. It can slip off the shoulder to BF but you'd need some kind of wrap / shawl or it'd be pretty indecent!

Meglet Sun 23-Aug-09 17:08:31

I bought some Primarni wonder pants when I had to go to a wedding 3 weeks after having dd by cs. My waist looked fine, but my boobs looked like dolly parton blush grin.

GirlsAreLoud Sun 23-Aug-09 17:09:46

God I misread that as you will be breastfeeding a pale, hairy, fat bloke at a wedding blush

In answer to the OP, I vote for FABULOUS hair.

TheProfiteroleThief Sun 23-Aug-09 17:15:17

Try not to panic.

Get someone to babysit (even in your house while you are in bathroom) the day before wedding, so you can fake tan/mani/pedi

Get hair done - consider flower in hair behind ear for casual glamour

Carry baby in front of you to hide tum grin

Stand at 45 degrees to camera for photosand sstick your chin out to avoid doubles for photos.

You will look lovely

christiana Sun 23-Aug-09 17:52:27

Message withdrawn

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 17:55:24

"breastfeeding a pale, hairy, fat bloke at a wedding"

Hee hee grin

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 17:58:55

Bravissimo do good swimwear, it's designed for big boobs and so much better supported than usual swimwear. I'm usually a 36G (told you they were big!) but I found a size smaller - their 36F swim top was really flattering, it just held everything in place really well (but the size thing might be just me!)

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 18:00:28

Ooh look, Bravissimo are doing a swimwear sale - here

Up to 75% off grin

lowrib Sun 23-Aug-09 18:35:33

Hmm the prices aren't that great actually - the 75% must relate to just 1 item, I can't find it!

SoupDragon Sun 23-Aug-09 18:36:53

"God I misread that as you will be breastfeeding a pale, hairy, fat bloke at a wedding"

Yep. me too

christiana Tue 25-Aug-09 12:00:41

Message withdrawn

Bleh Tue 25-Aug-09 12:12:08

First of all, avoid asking men for fashion advice, unless they're gay or work in fashion. They have NO clue. If they could dress women as they wanted, we'd all be naked. (or flashing lots of boob, bum and leg).
If it is a floaty fabric, it doesn't look elephantine. It looks floaty, relaxed and feminine, and you will look gorgeous, especially holding a brand new baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now