Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop my jersey dress sticking to my leggings?

(10 Posts)
MrsBish Sat 22-Aug-09 09:36:21

is there some trick with body lotion or hairspray or something - or is that more for static electricity?

JRocks Sat 22-Aug-09 09:49:18

I think it's hairspray isn't it? Usually to stop clinging to tights but I'd imagine leggings are the same principle.

MrsBish Sat 22-Aug-09 10:04:44

said leggings have just arrived from next. am getting a bit nervous about trying them on. Haven't worn leggings since I was 13, some 21 years ago!

SilentBob Sat 22-Aug-09 10:19:33

Leggings are fab. Hairspray should do the trick to stop the statickiness (made-up new word.) grin

kikidee Sat 22-Aug-09 13:42:50

Don't you need a slip madam? I wear one under dresses with tights to stop clinging in winter (unless lined) but it makes me feel a bit old. I'd like details of the hair spray trick please.

MrsBish Sat 22-Aug-09 14:59:23

i'm guessing you just spray the affected area with hairspray - but i could be very wrong!!

Starbear Sat 22-Aug-09 17:02:18

Wear a slip it really really works. I've got a satin pink one with thin straps very plain. Think Madmen not Coronation Street

Starbear Sat 22-Aug-09 17:03:06

P.S I think the half slips are ugly but I still wear them.

vinblanc Sat 22-Aug-09 17:08:31

Dryer sheets (Bounce) - rub it on one of the garments and it should sto them sticking.

jbg Wed 26-Aug-09 15:56:43

I LOVE slips. I always wear them under dresses and half slips under skirts. I've got loads in different colours and lengths. Usually a silky type material but also have a couple of cotton ones too. Stops knicker line showing too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now