Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how to wear my hair

(10 Posts)
giddykipper Fri 21-Aug-09 22:00:23

Getting married on Tuesday.

I have rubbish hair and I have no idea what to do with it.

It's very short (think Victoria Beckham) and growing out.

I don't want to go to a hairdresser, want to do it myself. I am equipped with a hairdryer and a pair of curling tongs.

Not wearing a formal wedding dress, just a bustier and skirt from Coast. It's a small casual do.

pinkyp Sat 22-Aug-09 00:01:45

try a few ideas out before the big day. Maybe something classy like a few loose curls (if possible depending on your hair length) and pink them up with a fancy clip (you can by grips/clips with little pearls on from accessories and such like places)

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 22-Aug-09 00:15:11

How growing out is growing out?

I have to say, even if you have the ends cut off, it will look fuller.

giddykipper Sun 23-Aug-09 17:26:15

My hair is about 4 inches all over, so really quite short. I'm trying to grow it into a short bob but the layers are still too short. I think I might have some taken off the back to tidy it a bit. I messed around last night with flicking the back out like this and it looks quite nice.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 17:32:00

wax it down with flower clipped behind the ear.

the flipped outthing can loook good but sometime it just looks like you forgot to brush the back of your head.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 17:33:22

maybe wear more clothes

giddykipper Sun 23-Aug-09 17:39:53

I know what you mean about the scruffy flicked out look Eleanora. My hair is really fine though so waxed down looks like I've got no hair (and an odd fish-shaped head to boot).

Flowers might help.

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 23-Aug-09 17:44:45

wig?

cocolepew Sun 23-Aug-09 17:49:11

Accessorize have some lovely hair decorations. My hair was short when I got married I have a band of flowers made by the woman doing my bouquet.

Have a lovely day!

giddykipper Sun 23-Aug-09 17:52:21

I think a wig is my only hope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now