Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

S'pose I'd better start thinking about post-baby wardrobe...

(15 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Fri 21-Aug-09 19:03:35

I'm due in less than 5 weeks and need clothes to see me through the initial months - breastfeeding, carrying extra weight, colder weather etc

I've got two toddlers and we're always out and about so loungewear/ yoga clothes aren't an option, really.

Easy access to boobs is a must!!

any ideas? thanks

MamaKaty Fri 21-Aug-09 19:12:22

mothercare, jojo maman, bella mama... check out any online maternity/baby store and most will have breastfeeding options.

I would stock up online on basics such as drop cup vest tops and plain double layer t-shirts, and then buy lovely high street cardigans, etc

Stick to your maternity jeans for the first few weeks and then hit the high street!

LetThemEatCake Fri 21-Aug-09 19:16:50

I should mention ... I don't like any 'maternity' clothes from any of the maternity/ baby retailers and have made it through pregnancy without buying anything of this nature blush

and I tend to dress up rather than casual.

am a pain in the butt, I know.

Jewelsandgems Fri 21-Aug-09 20:30:24

How about long leggings, and some dresses with buttons on front (for access to boobs) maybe a cashwere sloppy cardigan, long snuggle scarf, and some biker boots?

LetThemEatCake Fri 21-Aug-09 21:37:04

that sounds more like me .... have you seen anything like this anywhere? any ideas where I might look?

have leggings, boots, long line cashmere/ silk blend cardis already - but can always do with more!!

thank you smile

Jewelsandgems Fri 21-Aug-09 21:50:46

Well there is this:

www.oasis-stores.com/Smudge-Print-Drop-Waist-Tunic/All-Dresses/oasis/fcp-product/3770012616

I just like this anyway, so thought I'd throw it in, however no boob access
www.oasis-stores.com/Smudge-Flower-Print-Dress/All-Dresses/oasis/fcp-product/4470054761

Cardigan-wise, there are lots of the 'waterfall' ones around. What kind of cardigan would you go for? Belted, drapey? Waterfall? Chunky knit?
For example, this has a hood, but I think looks ok
www.oasis-stores.com/Hooded-Drape-Cardi/Cardigans/oasis/fcp-product/3630055819

But there is always something like this:
www.allsaints.com/product/?all=1&page=1&category_id=26&&prod_desc_id=5051214331331&position=54
or this
www.allsaints.com/product/?all=1&page=1&category_id=26&&prod_desc_id=5051214471594&position=4

Leggings-wise, topshop do fab high-waisted ones, great for post-birth and comfy too.

dairymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 21:55:06

Agree with Jewelsandgems - what about something like a shirt dress with the leggings and cardi? Easy access to boobs and the tie at the waist gives you a bit of shape, but can be loosened for more...erm...comfortable days. This Boden one isn't too bad either, would look good with a chunky scarf and boots.

dairymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 22:00:29

Love this cardi from Athropologie and this one too layered with long sleeve t's underneath.

janeite Fri 21-Aug-09 22:04:31

LOVE that Gap shirt dress. Do you know if it's available in the UK stores too?

Long-line cashmere cardigans over dresses sound lovely.

dairymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 22:04:48

Another nice shirtdress - not sure how far down the buttons go though...

dairymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 22:07:52

Not sure - haven't been into Gap for a while. Hope so though as I quite like it too!

Really like this jacket too...

janeite Fri 21-Aug-09 22:11:21

Thanks.

Argh - please warn me if it's an Anthropologie link, as I love so much on there and can't afford it!

dairymoo Fri 21-Aug-09 22:19:31

Sorry....it is......grin Go on.....you know you want to!!

LetThemEatCake Fri 21-Aug-09 22:38:25

Thanks ladies

lookit - zip front, even easier access than buttons!!

LetThemEatCake Fri 21-Aug-09 22:40:06

looks like this neckline would pull down easy enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now