Talk

Advanced search

I gave birth to a 10 pound 7 ounce ginger girl yesterday and all her clothes are pink newborn!

(82 Posts)
Picante Fri 21-Aug-09 18:29:35

So all of those are obviously going to the charity shop.

What do ginger girls wear?! Help!

AuntieMaggie Fri 21-Aug-09 18:35:19

um clothes....

and I believe ginger isn't particularly pc so auburn if you don't mind

does she really look that bad in pink? surely she doesn't have that much hair to make a difference? how ginger is she?

how about turquoise?

and congratulations

Picante Fri 21-Aug-09 18:37:03

Well yes of course it's auburn and she's got loads of it! Turquoise is a good colour - it's finding it that's the problem!

Katisha Fri 21-Aug-09 18:38:41

Congrats.

I had a ten pounder ginger I mean auburn DS. If it's any consolation he didn't fit into newborn stuff very long...

Yellow? Pale green? And white.

cocolepew Fri 21-Aug-09 18:39:29

Congratulations smile

shonaspurtle Fri 21-Aug-09 18:40:00

They wear pink. Or any other colour you like.

I've got red hair and I'm wearing a pink tshirt today. And it looks fine. Avoiding pink/red with red hair is a big, fat myth.

jeminthepantry Fri 21-Aug-09 18:40:26

Just use the clothes anyway- do newborns have to be matching in every detail ffs?

Sorry, but I don't see it matters...but then it's a few years since I had a newborn...anyway, wasn't there a film pretty in pink? Gingers can wear pink too!!!

GossipMonger Fri 21-Aug-09 18:40:28

Where is the birth announcement?

We need details and name of your little ginge strawberry blonde daughter!!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 21-Aug-09 18:40:49

Seems rather wasteful to not use the clothes.

She is a new scrumptious baby - she shouldn't be seen to look bad in anything.

congratulations!

womblingalong Fri 21-Aug-09 18:41:22

Green and pale yellow, blue or even let her wear the pink stuff.

Picante Fri 21-Aug-09 18:42:27

She's in pink at the moment and it looks really wrong. grin

SoupDragon Fri 21-Aug-09 18:43:57

DS1 was a 10lber and I had to take all his newborn stuff back to the shop.

Plain white is good and a nice tasteful "classic" look

congratulations!

GirlsAreLoud Fri 21-Aug-09 18:44:23

Oh please don't ffs a one day post-natal woman.

Congrats picante.

SoupDragon Fri 21-Aug-09 18:44:55

"Just use the clothes anyway- do newborns have to be matching in every detail ffs? "

No, but they do have to fit in the clothes (FFS)!

Picante Fri 21-Aug-09 18:45:41

Not sure about white.. she's already been mistaken for a boy. Not exactly dainty!

HeathersMummy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:46:28

I'm ginger auburn, DD age 4 is ginger auburn and DS age 7 months is ginger auburn. People joke that I'm trying to repopulate the world with gingers!!
Never, ever put her in yellow! Seriously, it'll look terrible - I can vouch for it. I've always put DD in pink and she looks lovely in it, I figured she might not get away with it when she's older.

Heated Fri 21-Aug-09 18:46:45

Congratulations!

It depends on the shade of pink ime - friend's dd has dark wine corkscrew curls and looks lovely in blue, white, cream and yes, pink!

And she can still wear colours like this {{http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/newborn/2/13 this]] with some pink it in.

confuseddoiordonti Fri 21-Aug-09 18:50:53

Patterns! Multicoloured patterns! Then, what the hell!

SoupDragon Fri 21-Aug-09 18:51:51

Put one of those stupid bow head bands on her head

5inthebed Fri 21-Aug-09 18:53:56

I have two red headed DS's and they looked lovely in red, light blue and yellow. Never tried them in pink though grin

Congratulations Picante.

pinkteddy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:57:04

dd (redhead) looks great in all pastels especially blue, pink and green. Black and navy are generally no nos. Congratulations btw!

JackBauer Fri 21-Aug-09 19:00:23

Pink looks fab on redheads. And bright red.
Trust me, if her head of hair is impressive enough no-one will loook at what she is wearing.
And even when DD2 is all in pink she is still assumed to be a boyhmm

helpivegottogivebirth Fri 21-Aug-09 19:02:35

If she has blue eyes go for blues. Otherwise greens and autumnal colours. I am a red head and went to a colour person. The colours I look out for are 'muddy mid-tones' - i still wear pink, but it has to be a muddy colour rather than sickly pastel or magenta.

Mothercare has some lovely tops and leggings combo in a gorgeous shade of wine red/pink. And the same outfits in olive and mustard.

Olive - now that is a fab colour for redheads - i have loads of it

My daughter (10 weeks) also has auburn hair - i took her to work today to show her off and EVERYONE loved her hair colour. It is so striking and she has crystal clear blue eyes - yum yum yum! I also love the fact she cannot wear pink - it stops me spending loads of money yet when i see a lovely outfit in a colour other than pink, i tend to buy it.

Next has a beautiful blue polkadot dress at the moment... in fact Next has the best range of clothes for her at the moment. Hennes has some lovely brown dresses as well.

Oooh have fun - the challenge of finding 'other' colour girly clothes is great!

helpivegottogivebirth Fri 21-Aug-09 19:05:04

in fact I have made it my mission to dress my daughter in anything but pastel pink. and her blankets are sage green. Great for if i have a boy next time.

Picante Fri 21-Aug-09 19:14:49

Thanks helpivegottogivebirth that's so helpful! I'm actually looking forward to all that shopping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now