Talk

Advanced search

Shoe disaster- please help me find an alternative!

(19 Posts)
TheRedSalamander Wed 19-Aug-09 10:45:59

Help! I am going to a black tie thing on Saturday night and I have a lovely dress, I have found the perfect shoes but Office online haven't got my size left (6) boo hoo.

I adore these shoes I have them already in black, navy, grey and red as they are incredibly comfortable even though high and I wear them to work/under jeans/posh do?s everywhere that requires a heel basically. Am really cross with myself that I didn?t know they did these in raspberry (drool) and now I've missed out. I've called all the stores within a 100 mile radius- yes I want them that much!- but most don't have any left at all, let alone a 6.

Please please please please please can some kind person point me in the direction of something similar? I also like these from schuh but typically they don?t do them in a colour that I would wear with the dress (Cerise/berry and cream floral 50's style with big net petticoat.)

(TJuice if you're out there I need your fashionistas nose for good shoes, please help!)

brokenspacebar Wed 19-Aug-09 10:52:17

What size are you? I like both your shoe choices. love the schuh ones.

Pinkjenny Wed 19-Aug-09 10:56:54

I have no options for you but love your choices. I have the Office ones in red, they are soooo fab.

I'll have a nose about.

TheRedSalamander Wed 19-Aug-09 11:02:25

Thanks brokenspacebar- those schuh ones are great aren't they? I really like the zebra print anyway, might have to make a purchase even if I can't wear wthem with the dress.

I'm a size 6 in peep toes/sandals and a 6.5/7 in normal courts. I was considering buying the Office ones in a size 7 and putting an insole inside but that seems a bit silly when I know that the 6’s are so darn comfy.

TheRedSalamander Wed 19-Aug-09 11:03:17

Pink Jenny I'm wearing the red ones now at work! Feels a bit harlot-ish but maybe that's why I like them ;)

Pinkjenny Wed 19-Aug-09 11:04:21

wink

brokenspacebar Wed 19-Aug-09 11:10:33

sorry I misread your post - I thought they only had a 6 left, doh! would one of the pairs you have already do at a push? I feel your pain, when you find something you really want and it is out of stock!

TheRedSalamander Wed 19-Aug-09 11:12:59

Sadly no. I nearly bought the cream ones a while ago on ebay and now I'm cross that I didn't!

thehairybabysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 11:17:13

Could you not wear your navy ones?? Love them BTW.

noddyholder Wed 19-Aug-09 11:23:51

These are lovely but maybe a bit £?
www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/120065-kg-hallie

BunnyLebowski Wed 19-Aug-09 11:28:03

Those shoes are lovely. I've linked to them many a time on here!

Some of these suggestions will be too pink or too red but I thought I'd stick em up anyway as you'll know the exact colour you need!

these are amazing!

so pretty!

description says pink but they look more berry/red to me

a wee bit too pink maybe? But cute!

too purple probably? The description says pink so god knows what colour they actually are!

ruby

noddyholder Wed 19-Aug-09 11:34:21

www.vivaladiva.com/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=AP316&pdBoUid=8571&LpgUid=#colour:1904,s ize:39

thehairybabysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 11:35:02

too pink?

any of these?

the first pair?

BunnyLebowski Wed 19-Aug-09 11:50:07

Ooh those last ones of yours are gorgeous hairybabysmum!

And a bargain!

thehairybabysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 12:02:23

hadnt clocked thte price, wow

mermaidgirl Wed 19-Aug-09 12:05:11

I have those shoes in raspberry and black - I agree they are sooo comfy and very very sexy! I feel your pain! Always get lots of nice comments when I wear them.

TheRedSalamander Wed 19-Aug-09 13:33:38

Oh mermaid you're not a six are you, don't fancy selling me the raspberry ones or swapping for a choice of other colours ;)

Hmmm I’d not considered wearing the navy ones…I could wear a navy waist/cinch belt too or might that be a bit contrived? Might be an option though.

thanks for all the links! Like those ones too bunny, thanks hairy for the link will put those on the maybe list. Love the viva la diva ones too noddy but they might just tip the balance £ wise, but you never know I could be forced to go down that route still!

Faves so far are the miss selfridge ones. Quite simple and pretty, will keep on searching!

mermaidgirl Wed 19-Aug-09 13:40:14

Actually I am a size 6!

Sorry, but couldn't swap them - I love them too much!!!

TheRedSalamander Sun 23-Aug-09 20:32:57

I went for these in the end, still quite comfy and liked the square toe.

Thanks for all your ideas I know where to come next time!

(And mermaid I am so envious, will be looking out for these babies on ebay!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now