Talk

Advanced search

lilylolo mineral foundation

(17 Posts)
claireybee Tue 18-Aug-09 16:05:37

I want to order a foundation from them but can't work out the colours properly on the website.

How do they compare to other brands (esp no7 or max factor which are the last two foundations I've had)

I am quite pasty but don't want to make myself even more so if the palest shade is really pale.

JackieNo Tue 18-Aug-09 16:08:19

They do little testers of the foundation (80p, or something, I think), so I'd order 2 or 3 of the colours you think might be right, and try them out. That's what I did.

bluebump Tue 18-Aug-09 16:09:23

Yes try the testers, they have quite a lot in them so they last for ages.

JackieNo Tue 18-Aug-09 16:09:23

Just had a look - £1.25 for a tester pot.

claireybee Tue 18-Aug-09 16:19:04

Ok thanks, I'd seen the testers but wasn't sure if they were worthwhile. If they last a while then I'll do that.

HeadFairy Tue 18-Aug-09 16:20:34

Def try the testers. it's lovely makeup... definitely made my skin look miles better.

JackieNo Tue 18-Aug-09 16:21:02

Yes - I love it too, and it lasts for ages.

JackieNo Tue 18-Aug-09 16:22:08

claireybee - what sort of skin do you have? It seems, from what I've read on here, that generally it suits oily or combination skins and isn't so good on dry skins.

claireybee Tue 18-Aug-09 16:28:34

Hmm well normally my skin would be dry...but lately it is all over the place and seems to change from week to week! I'll give it a go with the tester and see how I get on.

JackieNo Tue 18-Aug-09 16:29:44

Yes - it's definitely worth a try.

HeadFairy Tue 18-Aug-09 16:30:16

Yeah, I do have rather oily/combination skin so it suits me, but I have dry cheeks so I keep it to a minimum on my cheeks and really just use the foundation on my t zone to even out my skin tone a bit.

claireybee Tue 18-Aug-09 16:34:43

My skin has been really getting me down lately so I've bought all new skin products and have gone all natural without any parabens/sls etc in the hope that it will help. I nearly spent £££ online but then luckily found a new range in Boots that was much less and smells of lovely essential oils, the mineral foundation is the next step

CMOTdibbler Tue 18-Aug-09 16:39:00

I really like it too. Those tester pots last for aaages. You do need the kabuki brush to work it in properly

HeadFairy Tue 18-Aug-09 16:44:01

CB, do you do any skin massage? You can buy essential oils (rose oil is very good for the skin, it's worth going to a Neals yard or similar for some advice) and you add a few drops to a base oil and then massage a clean face for a few mins with your finger tips. I swear it makes skin glow like a glowy thing. Works wonders!

claireybee Tue 18-Aug-09 16:57:07

Yes I've used oil on my skin for a while, used to do a massage/deep cleanse once a week or so but then I started to try to do the oil cleansing method and use oil everyday and that's where it all started to go wrong. I persevered for 4 months but have now given up because it made my skin so bad-really flakey, lots of big under the skin spots and blackheads all over my forehead and chin. I thought I'd be ok with it seeing as I used oil anyway but will go back to just using it every now and then.

HeadFairy Tue 18-Aug-09 17:06:26

Yeah, sounds to me like your skin doesn't like too much oil.

claireybee Wed 26-Aug-09 14:27:11

I've finally got round to using my testers and am very impressed! It's funny stuff isn't it? I mean it looks like loose powder and you can't feel it on your face so you kind of think meh, that's a waste of time but actually when you look in the mirror it's given a really good coverage. Have used sponge so far but got a (cheap) brush today to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now