Talk

Advanced search

spots on the back of the arms - a cure

(11 Posts)
cornsillk Tue 18-Aug-09 15:29:18

I have this and read recently that creams containing urea can help. So I used some Boots cracked heel balm (as I knew it had urea in it) and they have nearly completely disappeared completely in 2 days.

bluebump Tue 18-Aug-09 15:53:18

I read that on here once, that's interesting that it really does work. Mine have cleared up in the sun but I have some foot cream that contains urea too so I might put it to work on my arms when the spots come back!

MrsBadger Tue 18-Aug-09 16:13:58

yes - the real cure is devoted and constant exfoliation... but the urea creams accomplish this by dissolving the dead skin rather than scrubbing it off a la pumice

izzybiz Tue 18-Aug-09 16:22:41

I have this too, has gotten better as I've got older but Dd aged 5 has it quite badly on her arms, I read about the urea on a keritosis pilaris website, didn't know foot cream had it in though! I'm going to try it!! Thanks grin

cornsillk Wed 19-Aug-09 14:56:01

I can report further improvement in the spotty arms camp today. Mrs Badger I have indeed been combining body brushing into my routine.

JeMeSouviens Wed 19-Aug-09 14:57:37

Someone on here recommended the Rub your Nose in it scrub from Soap & Glory, I've used it about 4 times in the past 2-3 weeks and it really works. I wish I'd found it sooner.

cornsillk Wed 19-Aug-09 15:01:36

That sounds good. The foot cream is quite thick and clammy really.

Psychobabble Wed 19-Aug-09 15:08:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

welshdeb Wed 19-Aug-09 16:20:41

my ds cleared up when I gave him a omega 3 fish oil supplement.

meep Wed 19-Aug-09 16:39:16

I have a tube of Boots cracked heel cream languishing in a drawer (and thus still have cracked heels grin) but I really hate my spotty arms so it is getting an outing tonight!

SandyChick Wed 19-Aug-09 22:01:42

Hello, my ds who is 2 has this on his upper arms. The doc says it just needs lots of moisturising. I use aqueous(sp) cream instead of soap on ds anyway so doc said to put a thick covering on his arms and leave for as long as possible. I put it on his arms when he's in the bath them more when he gets out and it really helps. Its still there but getting better. I find aqueous cream works better than anything else i've used so far but it need doing twice a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now