Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bag help please ladies?

(11 Posts)
HolyGuacamole Mon 17-Aug-09 19:53:20

OK, am buying my friend a handbag for her 40th, up to the value of around £50 or £60. She has quite a plain taste, no bling. I'd like it to be something she can get a lot of use from, so probably leather.

She is a mum, has 2 kids, does the whole school run thing etc.

Everyday bag or going out bag? I dunno. Quite liked this as it is a good name, but it maybe looks a bit big for across body?

Help......I am all bagged out....

catless Mon 17-Aug-09 22:58:18

Whatever you decide on, be sure to give her a gift receipt. I just got a handbag for my birthday from a friend (from Next) and I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!

missmelly Tue 18-Aug-09 11:28:29

ooh surely handbags are pretty personal, like buying someone perfume

HolyGuacamole Tue 18-Aug-09 13:01:06

Yes, you both are right. I had a bag bought for me a few months ago and hated it but I felt really bad taking it back. I have a good idea of what she likes and i will defo put in the receipt and not be offended if she takes it back.

thehairybabysmum Tue 18-Aug-09 13:12:48

ive just ought this and get loads of positive comments about it, I have even been stopped in tesco to ask where it's from here

I have it in green and its a good size without being too big.

HolyGuacamole Tue 18-Aug-09 13:19:24

Oh that is lovely hairybumsmum! Love it and it is fab in the green but for safety I'd maybe get it for her in brown. I now have my eye on the green for myself though wink

thehairybabysmum Tue 18-Aug-09 13:25:54

Yes it is, but dont do what i did yesterday and carry your lunch tub in it, thinking it is a good plastic box with good seal, bag now smells of spanish fish stew where a bit leaked out!!

I am expecting a trail of cats to folllow me home!

Anyone know how to wash the inside of a handbag???

thesleepyprincess Tue 18-Aug-09 14:56:54

Try wiping the inside with scented baby wipes - they seem to miraculously remove stains and smells! You could also try Febreeze to get rid of the odour?

Holyguacamole - is your friend a Cath Kidston kinda gal? I just got a lovely Cath Kidston handbag, floral, for £30...although granted it's not everyone's taste!!

HolyGuacamole Tue 18-Aug-09 18:25:21

sleepypriness - I quite like some Cath Kidson things but I think my friend would feel it is too much. She has quite plain tastes.

brokenspacebar Tue 18-Aug-09 18:35:35

I like te hobo bag, love it in purple(sold outsad)

middymo Tue 18-Aug-09 19:59:09

I bought this yesterday here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now