Talk

Advanced search

Help with jewellery/accessories for wedding

(8 Posts)
HappyHome Mon 17-Aug-09 18:03:02

Hi, wondered if you stylish ones might help me with my problem! I'm going to a wedding in a couple of weeks and I'm a bit stuck with accessories.
Ok, so I've got the dress and the shoes but not sure what jewellery to wear. I would normally go for a plain dress and a bold necklace so this is something completely different for me.
Would a necklace be too much with the bow? Are fascinators a faux pas? This accessories lark is a minefield!!!
Thanks for any help

SilentBob Mon 17-Aug-09 19:50:55

Necklace too much, fascinator too passe imo.

I would maybe go bangle and earrings at the most jewellery wise. Do you have a bag?

HappyHome Mon 17-Aug-09 20:39:12

Thats what I was thinking! I have a brown vintage clutch that would tie in with the brown trim on the dress. I wonder - shrug or wrap?

caz18 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:29:28

I think a fascinator would look great, especially if your not going for a necklace. Something not too fussy like this http://www.prettycool.co.uk/brown-feather-fascinator-with-bronze-sequins-on-clip-2337ag16-8993-p.asp Fascinators are so big at the moment it would definitely give the outfit more of a wedding feel.

caz18 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:32:10

Sorry not very good at this I'll try and do the link again www.prettycool.co.uk/brown-feather-fascinator-with-bronze-sequins-on-clip-2337ag16-8993-p.asp, hope this works.

BunnyLebowski Tue 18-Aug-09 08:52:15

Hi Happy smile

Can I just day I love your dress and the shoes are flipping gorgeous! The whole look is very 40's retro chic!

But.......please don't ruin your look with a fascinator! They're so tacky and passe. They belong on middle aged women on Ladies Day at the races and even then they're minging!

Also you don't need a shrug or a wrap with a dress that has sleeves (even cap sleeves like yours has). Again I think it would take away from your look.

Your brown clutch sounds perfect.

A necklace would be too fussy with the dress so I say either a nice pair of vintagey looking earrings or a bangle.

Will go look and report back!

HappyHome Tue 18-Aug-09 09:51:08

Thanks for all your replies,
Bunny, you've made my day as that was the look that I was hoping to acheive!

Going shopping today so will see what i can find jewellery wise.

BunnyLebowski Tue 18-Aug-09 13:42:42

Yay! Let us know how you get on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now