Talk

Advanced search

I need some new boots for winter, quite fancy biker boots, but not sure, what's the verdict?

(19 Posts)
everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 15:44:17

Ok, I've made a pact with myself that this winter I am going to make an effort and ditch the fleeces ( I do live out in the hills but thats no excuse ) throw my uggs in the back of the cupboard and go for a more stylish look.

Nothing ridiculous, just good jeans, longish cardigans, nice shirts etc. and some lovely boots. I am quite girly, like make up and nice haircuts so do you biker boots would go ok with what I've described?

MadameCastafiore Mon 17-Aug-09 15:46:48

I got these for dog walking and everyone asks me where they are from.

Am allergic to Latex or would have lovely Green Hunters!!! sad

brimfull Mon 17-Aug-09 15:51:31

saw these in m&s and thought they were nice

notwavingjustironing Mon 17-Aug-09 15:55:45

I love them.

these are fab

everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 15:58:27

Thanks for the links!

Notwaving - I love these too, just what I wanted really, you don't think they are to butch? Think I will pop into town this week and look at them in the flesh. Cheers.

cocolepew Mon 17-Aug-09 16:01:28

Best boots ever(Fly that is)

notwavingjustironing Mon 17-Aug-09 16:04:11

God no. I wear them with opaques and short skirts. (But I don't ride a motorbike in that outfit grin)

I have seen them in the flesh and they are jolly nice.

I first saw them in the Sunday Times Style magazine a few weeks ago worn with a dress and they looked pretty good.

BunnyLebowski Mon 17-Aug-09 16:04:41

They'l only look butch if you're butch anyway!

I live in my biker boots all Autumn and Winter. With black tights they dress down dresses and look fab!

I have

these

StayFrostyDMisaVileRag Mon 17-Aug-09 16:15:33

Oh those Fly ones are fuppin' gorgeous.

Black or dark brown, hmm hmm hmm?

everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 16:38:26

Oh good you wear them with dresses, sounds nice ( sorry what's dress down ) < thick and never wear dresses emoticion >

notwavingjustironing Mon 17-Aug-09 16:41:36

I like wearing very clunky boots with very pretty dresses (think tea dresses).

It confuses people.

everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 16:52:57

Ah thanks notwaving - sounds really nice.

Kurt Geiger have a nice pair too, bit pricey tho.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 17-Aug-09 17:47:14

everlong - I bought a pair of biker boots two winters ago similar to those from Office. I absolutely live in them. Either with skinny jeans or opaques and a dress. They add a funky edge to pretty dresses and are perfect

everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 18:49:38

Just shown dh a few pairs and he loves them ( not that it matters what he thinks grin so will definately try some on.

TaxiLady Mon 17-Aug-09 18:53:21

was just in TKmaxx today, and they have loads of boots in....sadly i was on a mercy dash for dd's school shoes.....{celebrates as tomorrow is back to school day}.....but i will be back in for a proper look soon. :D

PilgrimSoul Mon 17-Aug-09 19:11:04

Those Doc Marten biker boots are fab. They are my new mission!

cocolepew Mon 17-Aug-09 20:10:19

I have Mes in black and was going to get brown this year, until I saw the petrol ones. oooohhh blue boots grin

<<gets credit card>>

StayFrostyDMisaVileRag Mon 17-Aug-09 20:38:22

They didn't have black Mes in my size, so decision made.... Muahahaha, they are on their way as we speak. Anyhoodle, I have had these for years and they are still going strong, so I am all sorted for black boots really. I take it they're comfy? They look it. I have a pair of Yuna, they are really comfy.

everlong Mon 17-Aug-09 21:09:16

Oh.... they are a bit hard core for me! I am quite english rosy??? But hey if they suit you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now