Talk

Advanced search

Table style question - is it wrong to mix different woods? X-post from products

(6 Posts)
WreckOfTheHesperus Mon 17-Aug-09 15:14:57

We have just bought a new table, having lived with a really scuzzy one for the last 15 years....but I am now worried about the whole matching wood thing; our floor is normal oak colour, whereas the table is limed wood with black seats; will this be a style disaster? shock

Cosmosis Mon 17-Aug-09 15:27:34

I think it's fine. We have a walnut kitchen with an oak floor and they look lovely together.

WreckOfTheHesperus Mon 17-Aug-09 16:15:01

thanks Cosmosis; I think that walnut and oak go beautifully together, and am keen on cherrywood and oak as well...I'm just worried about light wood and oak; given that we probably won't get another new table for another 15 years....

Cosmosis Mon 17-Aug-09 16:21:39

I think if you have everything in one wood and just one item in a different one it would stand out, but if you have a mix, like photo frames etc in other woods, it would blend it in more?

LadyStColumb Mon 17-Aug-09 17:23:56

I saw a programme once where they said a mix of different woods was fine as it added character and often showed the taste of the individual, as opposed to everything from the same range.

WreckOfTheHesperus Mon 17-Aug-09 21:27:51

I do like the idea that it shows taste and individuality, rather than just being a wee bit odd - am beginning to stop panicking now, so thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now