Talk

Advanced search

Cowboy boots

(15 Posts)
Littledawley Mon 17-Aug-09 14:34:57

Can you help me find some? I'd like a really great pair that will last for years although I have a feeling that they don't look really great until they've been worn for years grin. Don't really know where to start, all the ones I've seen look a bit wrong.

RatherBe Mon 17-Aug-09 14:48:32

Try here - I love them. I have a pair that I bought from there 9 years ago and they are still going strong. They are also really comfortable!

Littledawley Mon 17-Aug-09 18:25:17

Fab RatheBe!! They are just what I'm looking for. Cannot believe that's the name of the website grin

Chevre Mon 17-Aug-09 18:28:41

i love these! great link ratherbe

Lulubee Mon 17-Aug-09 18:30:11

I'm looking for some too, but like you I want them to look as though they have been worn for years, so am going the cheapy route andtrying to find someone else's castoffs vintage using ebay! Am a bit gutted actually, I was watching a pair that were ending today and I forgot to check on them and someone else now owns my perfect boots

chichichien Mon 17-Aug-09 18:41:52

All the ones I've seen look a bit wrong too

missmelly Mon 17-Aug-09 19:00:58

I love these. Typical that they're about the most expensive pair on there

chichichien Mon 17-Aug-09 19:36:07

I think those ones were left in th e oven too long

Lulubee Mon 17-Aug-09 19:46:04

Yeah, they look a little bit mummified to me too...

missmelly Mon 17-Aug-09 20:04:20

they look worn in or out

Littledawley Mon 17-Aug-09 22:52:22

these or these?

RatherBe Tue 18-Aug-09 09:38:21

I prefer the second pair, Littledawley - not sure why though because they both look good! I agree about the name of the website/shop... in fact if people ask me where I got mine I try and avoid saying the name and just say 'in London' or ' a shop on the King's Road' grin

Let us know which ones you decide on!

JRocks Tue 18-Aug-09 10:23:30

I'm not sure if they still do them, but DP got a vintage pair from Selfridges at the Bullring in Birmingham a while back. He loves them smile

mothersmilk Tue 18-Aug-09 10:31:14

i got mine from river island at the begining of the year i love them but im not sure if they still do them have a look on ebay to there were lats of them

Littledawley Tue 18-Aug-09 19:40:29

I think that I agree with you RatherBe - less of a heel and I think they'll get nicely battered!!

JRocks - my parents live in the Midlands and I love Birmingham Selfridges but not sure when we'll be there next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now