Talk

Advanced search

Brogues? Loafers? Neither?

(6 Posts)
stillfrazzled Mon 17-Aug-09 11:38:00

Liking straight-leg/boy-fit jeans, boyfriend blazers and cardigans, or leggings and shirt dresses at the moment.

Quite fancy a pair of metallic (pewter, maybe) flats to go with everything. Don't know if I'd prefer brogue-style, with laces, or just loafers.

Which would be more versatile? Loafers could possibly be worn with (plain) dresses too - or am I completely wrong?

ADifferentMe Tue 18-Aug-09 09:08:26

Figure and age?

Nice loafers in Clarks. I love brogues but would look like elderly lesbian in them (nothing wrong with elderly lesbians, before anyone moans)

DD1 wears brogues/leggings/cardi and looks gorgeous, but very tall and slim.

noddyholder Tue 18-Aug-09 09:11:09

Loafers look great i think.the flat lace ups are verywhere in brighton with teenagers atm.

stillfrazzled Tue 18-Aug-09 09:55:33

I'm early 30s, size 10-12, pear-shaped.

Hmm, so so far it's majority loafers... I guess I would possibly get more wear out of them, I did just have a hankering for the lace-ups...

ADifferentMe Tue 18-Aug-09 10:01:44

I hanker too, but had them the last time round so it's against the law for me wink

stillfrazzled Tue 18-Aug-09 10:13:28

No no no it's a baaaad law! Buy them and wear them with 'been there' attitude!

I wore leggings in the eighties but they looked bloody appalling due to all the puppy fat and home knitted jumpers blush. Would hate not to be able to wear them now because of youthful heinous style...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now