Talk

Advanced search

Do people really wear matching bra and knicker sets?

(69 Posts)
sarah293 Sun 16-Aug-09 08:42:20

Message withdrawn

ssd Sun 16-Aug-09 08:52:51

my bra's need scaffolding underwiring!

no, in answer to op

I haven't the time/energy/money to co ordinate my underwear

maybe in a previous life but certainly not now grin

differentID Sun 16-Aug-09 08:56:14

matching?

sorry, as long as they're clean and whole and not too small/big for me, I'll wear them.

sarah293 Sun 16-Aug-09 08:57:43

Message withdrawn

OnlyWantsOneWantsAnother Sun 16-Aug-09 08:58:47

Mine are mostly matching - but not lots of expensive stuff as I have teeeny tiny boobs and therefore can buy bras from supermarkets.

But some times if not matching "sets" then wil be same colours etc.

ssd Sun 16-Aug-09 08:59:14

it was when I wasn't married I wore matching bra and pants blush

poor dh grin

EldonAve Sun 16-Aug-09 09:01:07

pre kids yes

OnlyWantsOneWantsAnother Sun 16-Aug-09 09:03:09

am I the only one then?

<sits here in matching pants and bra feeling bad>

RipMacWinkle Sun 16-Aug-09 09:04:24

If I'm lucky I'm wearing the same colour top and bottom! But I'm pg at the moment so you don't really get maternity bras in sets.

Before I was pg, I would sometimes try to match when I remembered or if I was going out somewhere.

undomesticatedgoddess Sun 16-Aug-09 09:06:41

Never.

I have big of norkage so have to spend a lot on bras to support them.

I'll be buggered if I'm going to pay £12 for a pair of knickers after forking out £25 for a bra.

Luckily we live near a factory shop that sells posh undies for £1 a pair. So I do have nice pants but they don't match.

littleducks Sun 16-Aug-09 09:07:12

pre kids i did, i used to by a bra and two pairs of matching pants as i tend to wear a bra for two days and pants for one

now im in m and s mulitipack and blush have even sunk to asda pants and bfing bras, even though i stopped bfing a couple of months ago

i need the underwire though, even in bfing bras i had the plastic ones

i think dh would be shocked if i went back to matyching underwear, though bfing bras are easier access wink

CybilLiberty Sun 16-Aug-09 09:08:49

No not matching because it's only matching for one day unless you buy multiples of the knickers. And as they are usually £10 a pop it's not worth it.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 16-Aug-09 09:14:52

I usually wear the same colour bra and pants and since I buy plain smooth bras from M&S and their multipack knickers it sort of looks matching.

But it is super boring underwear. And I replace my bras every year as I'm a 36H/36J so the scaffolding doesn't scaffold for long grin

sarah293 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:17:37

Message withdrawn

SemperEadem Sun 16-Aug-09 09:22:32

No its not just you onlywantsone - I do it too smile

Tho on crap days, I have been known to wear mismatching and shock even odd colours.

After having DS I lost loads of confidence in my figure etc and wearing nice underwear makes me feel better about myself blush. Sad.

sarah293 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:24:28

Message withdrawn

ThingOne Sun 16-Aug-09 09:25:41

Pre kids I had really nice bras. Pretty, well fitted and a big luxury. But four, two black, two white, all in the same style as it fitted me so well.

I wore pants according to what I was wearing on top. Right pants for the right outfit.

FairyMum Sun 16-Aug-09 09:27:34

Not matching. Lucky if I can find anything clean in our house.

SemperEadem Sun 16-Aug-09 09:27:37

Thats why I wear the short type ones Riven grin long gone are the days where I can walk around comfortably in a thong. Yak.

MadameCastafiore Sun 16-Aug-09 09:27:43

Mine isn't exactly sets because I never like the sort of pants (I only like the all lace, vpl free, boy shorts - things are a complete mystery to me!) that come with the bras I need but I always wear the same colour!

cornsillk Sun 16-Aug-09 09:30:18

No - I like comfy knickers. The matching ones are always really prickly. Thongs are vile. I am never matching.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 16-Aug-09 09:30:32

Also I think the thing with nice bras is that the cups are lined in a non-itchy fabric and then have decoration over the top.

The pants that match are usually only one itchy, lacey layer. And I prefer cotton pants with non-itch minge.

cornsillk Sun 16-Aug-09 09:36:24

x post laurie!

sarah293 Sun 16-Aug-09 09:38:39

Message withdrawn

Hassled Sun 16-Aug-09 09:44:22

I have a few matching sets - but tend to wear the same bra for quite a considerable time, so after Day 2 it won't be a matching set anymore, IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now