Talk

Advanced search

Lancome - juicy tubes etc am thinking of a new skin care range - some recommendations please

(9 Posts)
multitasker Fri 14-Aug-09 15:37:08

I probably could afford to spend a bit more on skin care and make up and so bought a juicy tube lip gloss last night and got some samples - are the Lancome products good or what other ranges should I consider?

mykiddies Fri 14-Aug-09 16:00:50

Chanel, Clarins any top end range are good.

cornsillk Fri 14-Aug-09 16:10:45

Elemis pro-collagen is a good range.

steamedtreaclesponge Fri 14-Aug-09 16:19:37

I love Mac, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown for make-up - Laura Mercier in particular have very high quality foundations and concealers and Mac have the best colourful eyeshadows and lipsticks.

For skincare I personally like Liz Earle, Origins and Ren as they're a bit more natural (and mostly smell divine) but it depends what you're after really. Makeupalley.com is a website with hundreds of good reviews of products and make-up, which is quite useful if you've seen anything in particular you're interested in.

bluebump Fri 14-Aug-09 20:31:23

I like Clinique, Elemis and Liz Earle for skincare. I like Liz Earle cleanse and polish, the Clinique toner/clarifying lotion and an Elemis moisturiser, especially their marine cream one.

Make up, I think spending good money on a good foundation is worth it - I use a Clinique one. I like Benefit stuff too but i'm just as happy with cheaper stuff. I love Juicy Tubes too.

purplepeony Fri 14-Aug-09 20:44:19

Depends on your price range- Estee Lauder has good skincare, but I prefer non-perfumed so tend to use Clinique and REN.

I have always found Lancome very highly perfumed. I think their products are good but not if you have sensitive skin. I do use their mascara though and keep going back to it- it's £19 but is great.

For make up I'd agree that Clinique and Bobbi Brown, and L Mercier are good for foundation & concealer, as is Prescriptives.

I've just bought a Dior eye palette and think the texture is good and it lasts too.

Lipsticks and lip glosses- they never stay on long enough and I'd say cheap is as good as any if you find the colour you like.

watsthestory Fri 14-Aug-09 20:45:45

Message withdrawn

feedthegoat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:47:13

I love the Elemis products that I won on mumsnet wink.

GetOrfMoiLand Sat 15-Aug-09 13:09:11

I use a Lancome cleanser - I forget what it is called (something like Balm), anyway it goes on like a thick cream, you massage it in to the skin and it turns to an oil, which you then rinse off. It has made my skin incredibly soft, I have sensitive skin also and all my little dry patches have gone. Was about £17.

I have just discoveerd Lancome eyeshadows. They are a revelation, really brilliant colours and they stay on. Very impressed.

Or, go to Space NK and chat to the assistants - they are really nice and give you loads of samples. Caudalie creams and cleaners are excellent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now