Talk

Advanced search

Wearing a short dress to a wedding at 30 weeks pregnant.

(57 Posts)
princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 09:50:49

I have worn it this pregnancy before , when I was less pregnant. But still with a bump. Pics of me wearing it (last time) on profile, it's bright blue and strapless.

But since my bump has grown, it is now hanging shorter.

Dh says it's borderline too short...I asked his opinion.

I am supposed to be wearing it today. Only tried it on again last night hmm wise move.

I don't have a problem with wearing short things and I am still happy with my legs. When I sit down it covers my thighs well iykwim. You can't see pants!!!!

And I have earings to wear with it...

What would you think if you saw a quite bumpy pregnant lady in a short dress at a wedding??

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 09:53:35

It is a maternity dress by the way.

PrettyCandles Fri 14-Aug-09 10:00:17

If I "saw a quite bumpy pregnant lady in a short dress at a wedding", and she looked good and moved well, I'd be jealous - but in a good way. I think the key is whether you can move easily in the dress. If your mobility is compromised by the pgcy, then a very short dress will look awkward.

You sound like you've got a good pregnancy glow. If you feel good in that dress, then wear it. It's beautiful.

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:05:46

Thanks Pretty candles.

I am moving fine thanks.

Had a slight spd problem a while ago but thankfully that seems to have cleared up.

I don't plan to be doing much any dancing!!
I def would if not pregnant.

It's almost like I feel that I don't have the right to attempt to look nice/sexy/glam whilst pregnant as I don't truely feel it, inside.
Plus I think people might be secretly laughing at me as if to say ' who does she think she is, wearing that when she's a huge whale'....

Northernlurker Fri 14-Aug-09 10:10:08

It is a lovely dress but I fear it may be verging on unsuitable as it is. Do you have a wrap or something that you can accessorize it with?

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:12:59

Northern Lurker why do you feel that?

I wore it to a wedding last time.

Too warm for a wrap imo.

If I wasn't pregnant I would wear something short and strapless and possibly even shiny!!!

cupofteaplease Fri 14-Aug-09 10:15:27

YOu look amazing- so jealous, I blow up like a balloon when I am pregnant hmm Go for it! Although, I also like the top dress on your profile (turquoise one).

Northernlurker Fri 14-Aug-09 10:17:05

Well it's all down to personal taste isn't it? You look gorgeous in it and I would totally embrace it as an outfit for an evening reception but during the day I think it is a little short and strapless. I think if you covered up a bit on top that would moderate the effect. It's nothing to do with you being pregnant - you look great - it's just that you asked for opinions and that's mine grin

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:32:29

I have a black pashmina but I think that would be too heavy for today.

If I had a silver wrap or scarf I'd wear that.

I have added a new pic of how 'bumpy' I am now....!!!

I could wear this dress but I only just wore it to a party last saturday.

plus I wouldn't ever get another chance to wear the dark blue one!!!

NL I did ask for opinions, thank you , you are being very helpful

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:34:06

CupOfTea according to everyone I come into contact with I am HUGE!!!
But then they backtrack when realise how not ammused I am and say 'oh but you look the same everywhere else etc' lol

Northernlurker Fri 14-Aug-09 10:38:12

THe new dress is very nice too and you are not HUGE, you're quite big grin

Are you going to the wedding all day - what about wearing the first one and then changing for the night do? Or stopping en route for a silver scarf - bet accessorize would have one and you're right that would look lovely!

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 10:41:20

I was going to say fine, but if my HUSBAND said that my dress was too short then frankly I would worry that it was REALLY TOO SHORT

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:43:05

dh is currently near some shops but seemed very reluctant to try and get me a silver scarf (he is usually very good at buying thigs for me, with descriptions)
I could stop at accesorise.

I will ask a friend if she has one too.

Wedding is at 3pm and we are not staying too late as we will have dc's.

Can't be faffed with changing!!

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:44:46

lol MP

He is probably only saying too short because I am pregnant...hmm

I am a short dress/skirt person normally.

hate feeling so frumpy.

I am in 2 minds still.

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 10:45:30

could you wear black leggings under it?

Northernlurker Fri 14-Aug-09 10:46:05

You're not frumpy - you're lovely - short skirt or long

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 10:47:40

can you actually see the baby's head?

I think you look amazing in it, personally I wouldn't wear a dress that short and strapless to a wedding bit of a wedding iyswim, I would wear some kind of wrap, shawl or cardi.

However that is just me, as you have worn it to one before you obviously don't think the same so go for it.

It's really not that shor imo, I was expecting something pant skimminggrin.

jemart Fri 14-Aug-09 10:48:22

haha, yes agree with morningpaper.

It does look lovely on you though, could you wear with some leggings perhaps?

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:51:14

LOL MP

not quite!!

It doesn't look that short in the pic on here cos that was when I was less pregnant.
I am now more bumpy!!

It appears shorter when I pull my dress into my bump iykwim. So I wont do that!!

WhereTheWildThingsWere and NL Thank you

MP def not a leggins sort of dress.

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 10:54:20

New look have some 3/4 length 'footless tights' which might actually look okay with it? Not really legging-y, but just more modest

I think you need to up the modesty aspect or you are going to get confetti up there

morningpaper Fri 14-Aug-09 10:55:14

I think it would be fine with leggings - it is more of a long top than a dress, at this point grin

Hollyoaks Fri 14-Aug-09 10:56:11

I think it looks fab, if my legs were as long as that I'd be wearing something like that. Go for it with confidence.

MrsBadger Fri 14-Aug-09 11:01:35

mp has a point, you know

the turquoise dress is beautiful, don;t think blue one is suitable for a wedding
cocktail party or clubbing yes
not a wedding

(am fuddyduddy)

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 11:07:07

Ok just to clarify!! There is a turquoise dress with a silver thread running through it, that is maternity and covered and modest. Top pic

Then a green(cup of tea called it turquoise) top I'm wearing with leggins in pic, this was never in the running for today!!

Then the asos strapless blue one. That I was planning on wearing, pretty happily up until last night....

MP do you think this is the 'suitable for leggins one'? grin

I can't imagine wearing leggins or footless tights to a wedding. I see them as more club, party wear

Hollyoaks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now