Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Dressing down a bandage dress

(6 Posts)
Fleecy Thu 13-Aug-09 22:33:50

I have
this dress

and I love it - but I don't go out a lot and I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. Do you think it could be dressed down the day with a black top underneath or cardi on top?

I don't know whether to keep it or not!

4andnotout Thu 13-Aug-09 22:35:04

Black Leggings underneath and a thin tight cardie would look good.

AnyFucker Thu 13-Aug-09 22:36:08

I don't think that kind of dress can be dressed down

Evening, heels, make-up

Not day-time, sorry

BunnyLebowski Fri 14-Aug-09 07:43:40

I agree with AnyFucker.

It's a gorgeous dress (and you must have a hot body!) but it's just not a daytime dress.

Use it as an excuse to plan more nights out!

CybilLiberty Fri 14-Aug-09 07:45:35

You can't dress that down. If you don't go out much I would send it back and get a more practical option.

Fleecy Fri 14-Aug-09 13:36:13

Oh dear - I wasn't sure I could make it work dressed down and that does seem to be the general concensus, but I love it! So I'm going to keep it and take the advice to plan more nights out. Smart thinking!

I'll play around with the leggings/layers and see what I can do though. But I'll treat any winning combo as a bonus!

Thank you all smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: