Talk

Advanced search

Dry skin and foundation nightmare

(11 Posts)
MrsFogi Wed 12-Aug-09 23:38:44

I have really dry skin between my eyebrows so my foundation looks fine elsewhere on my face but goes all powdery in that area. Does anyone know how I can fix this? + any tips on how to stop the dryness would be very welcome (although I'm not going to stop plucking the stray hairs in that area).

VeronicaMars Wed 12-Aug-09 23:45:25

Clarins True Comfort foundation is the only one I've used that doesn't cake anywhere (around nose, between eyebrows or chin).

lou33 Wed 12-Aug-09 23:48:04

do you actually need to put it between your eyebrows?

i only use foundation or a tinted moisturiser as and where its needed to even out skin tone, then blend out from there

the best moisturiser i have tried (and there have been many) is good old nivea

maybe swap to a tinted moisturiser instead of foundation too?

Swedes Wed 12-Aug-09 23:53:16

MrsFogi - Lancome's Nutrix cream is truly excellent. I use it from time to time when my skin is feeling v dry. It is v v mildly antiseptic and tremendously healing. Go to a Lancome counter in a dept store/large chemist and ask for a small tester. Your foundation will look fine once your skin is properly healed and hydrated I suspect.

cornsillk Thu 13-Aug-09 00:12:00

Do you use a base thingy underneath(mind has gone blank).
Beauty flash balm for example.

lou33 Thu 13-Aug-09 00:25:55

do you mean primer?

cornsillk Thu 13-Aug-09 00:30:16

Yes that's it!

cornsillk Thu 13-Aug-09 00:33:31

Actually 8 hour cream may work well for that under foundation.

lou33 Thu 13-Aug-09 00:34:06

benefit does a lovely smelling one

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Thu 13-Aug-09 00:36:23

Aqueous Cream will solve the dryness - both as a wash-off cleanser and moisturizer.
Or you could try this.

MrsFogi Thu 13-Aug-09 11:47:05

Thank you for all the suggestions. Yes, I use a primer. I'll start trying out these suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now