Talk

Advanced search

Maternity wedding dress!

(6 Posts)
Fraochsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 12:20:51

I am getting married in a few months time and wondered if anyone knows of a hire shop in Glasgow where I could get a nice dress from? I will be 32+5 at that point and would also consider buying a dress (at a sensible price!) if there are any suggestions?
Many thanks in advance!

slug Tue 11-Aug-09 12:33:56

Hi Fraochsmum. I don't know Glasgow, but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. I got married while 7 months pregnant, wearing a dress from ghost which I bought in the sale. The viscose ones stretch and can be worn before, during and after pregnancy, so can be worth the investment.

Fraochsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 16:47:49

Thanks Slug, that is very helpful!

KembleTwins Tue 11-Aug-09 16:56:58

My friend hired a dress for her sister's wedding from here as she was v pregnant and didn't want to splash out on a fancy outfit she wouldn't wear again. Don't know much about them, or whether they are only available in certain areas (friend is in Dorset, so quite a long way away from Glasgow) but might be worth a look - they have a bridal section.

aarghhelp Tue 11-Aug-09 18:12:14

Have you seen these?

Also this.

(congratulations btw!)

Fraochsmum Wed 12-Aug-09 10:48:34

Wow there are some really beautiful dresses out there, and they don't cost the earth!
Thanks again for the help (and the congrats), I think one like the dress on the Crave site would be best - maybe a slim chance of wearing it again after!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now