Talk

Advanced search

How can I make a dress ring a little bit smaller?

(7 Posts)
HollyGoHeavily Tue 11-Aug-09 09:44:47

My lovely DP has just bought me a ring and it's a bit too big - not huge amounts but enough to make me worry i'll lose it when I wear it.

It's not an expensive ring so i don't think taking it to a jewellers to get it professionally reduced is an option and he bought it in the US so I can't take it back to the shop to swap it.

Are there any other ways I can make it smaller? I think I once had a bit of plastic that I slipped onto a ring to tighten it but i've tried googling to find something like that with no luck... any ideas?

LaurieFairyCake Tue 11-Aug-09 09:46:37

you could solder two tiny dots on the inside as that will make it smaller - I've seen older rings with that done instead of it being reduced.

or wear it with a tiny plaster?

HollyGoHeavily Tue 11-Aug-09 09:51:12

is soldering tricky? or would I have to go and be nice to a welder?

HollyGoHeavily Tue 11-Aug-09 11:07:15

Just in case anyone ever searches the archives with a similar problem....

I bought a 'ring size adjuster guard clip' on ebay for the princely sum of £1.59 which looks like exactly what I need.

CybilLiberty Tue 11-Aug-09 14:01:39

Betterware! have little clear tubes that fit on the ring to make it smaller on your finger.

mathanxiety Sat 15-Aug-09 01:14:34

The little tubes are great. They are clear plastic and they go on the ring on the inside of your finger. Cheap too. You can cut them to adjust the fit even with a fiskars type scissors.

PrincessLayer Sat 15-Aug-09 03:27:45

Could I possibly suggest that you eat lots of cakes/pies/kebabs and put on a few pounds?
Can I have a cake? easy to say
Can I have a ring size adjuster guard clip
not so easy.

I rest my case.

Mars bar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now