Talk

Advanced search

Argh - the Boden double layer dress has enormous holes in it and I've only worn it three times

(12 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Tue 11-Aug-09 09:39:32

And I bought it in the sale 6 weeks ago for £47.50 (now reduced to £39). I have no idea what has caused the holes along the inside of the arm since I wear it for work (sitting in a chair counselling so not manual work)

and worst of all the reviews are not on the site (I wondered why there was loads of these dresses available sad) so I can only assume that the top layer of the dress has had complaints as it's no thicker than a pair of tights.

There's also a hole in the front. It's definitely not my washing machine as nothing else is ripped and I've never had anything rip in it.

Any suggestions?

cthea Tue 11-Aug-09 09:42:04

Cigarette ash?

Chandon Tue 11-Aug-09 09:42:26

send it back with a letter to complain!

MaggieBelleVirgo Tue 11-Aug-09 09:44:38

wow, that's really dishonest of them not to print bad reviews. e-mail jonnie, tell him you want this season's version.

So many of the reviews are from Americans. I don't get it. It must be like paying designer money for the stuff, and then P&p on top, and they all seem so HAPPY with it when it gets to them... "a perfect fall top" blah blah...

LaurieFairyCake Tue 11-Aug-09 09:44:44

lol at cigarette ash grin

They are more like worn away holes - it really is terribly thin.

I'm thinking about complaining - if I don't what a terrible waste of money. It's clearly not fit for purpose.

MaggieBelleVirgo Tue 11-Aug-09 09:45:30

Do complain!!

colditz Tue 11-Aug-09 09:50:45

Send it BACK. Boden is HUGELY expensive for a catalogue, the only thing the clothes have going for them it their comparitively high quality. If they fall to holes the second you wash them, you are paying an 800% inflated price for Primark.

orangina Tue 11-Aug-09 09:58:54

I think Boden are quite good at responding to this kind of complaint. I rang up and moaned about dd's tights going through at the toe seam on the 1st day and they offered me either a new pair or a refund, no quibbling at all.

I think they want to keep their name as being good on customer service....

cthea Tue 11-Aug-09 10:03:57

Well, they do say 3 months no quibble returns. It sounds like you have a valid reason - unless it was cigarette ash

BodenGroupie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:07:58

I've complained after 3 months and had an instant refund, before they've even received the goods back.

cornsillk Tue 11-Aug-09 13:09:18

I thought that the quality of that particular dress was very poor when I tried it on. Send it back.

Jewelsandgems Tue 11-Aug-09 21:07:08

Oh definately send it back. I have the same dress and have worn it loads to far (about 7 times) and it is still in perfect condition....if it grows holes I will send it back straight away.

It's not being washed with anything with zips on it is it? I have had clothes develop holes after washing with other garments that had zips (now I zip the zips up)

What colour is yours? I have the pink one and my top layer is actually alot thicker that I thought; the comments on the reviews said it was really thin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now