Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I really like this Lush cleanser

(12 Posts)
triffictits Mon 10-Aug-09 21:24:51

Went into Lush at weekend and was talked into buying a cleanser - Angels on Bare Skin.

Its like a putty that you wet and it soaps up - its also a gentle exfoliator.

I have used it for the last 3 days and its absolutely lovely. Much better than a lot of the expensive ones I have been using.

Does anyone else use Lush products? I am looking at what else I can buy now grin

cerys Mon 10-Aug-09 21:35:40

I have used Ultrabland cleanser, but found it most useful for getting facepaint off the children!

I do like their fresh facemasks. Don't like bath products with glitter in or anything that smells of patchouli....!

mum2seb Mon 10-Aug-09 21:40:39

I am a complete Lush addict! I've used Angels on bare skin, loved it, and then started using Ultrabland as well which is FAB!! Great at getting makeup off!! And I use their moisturiser, too - Vanishing Cream - great for my combination/ teenage skin (if only I was a teenager... long gone, though..!). God, if I listed what I used, it would bore you to tears!! Needless to say, I've always had a lot of trouble with my skin, and it's been miles better since I started using Lush products!

Mousey84 Mon 10-Aug-09 21:45:46

They used to recruit mystery shoppers from their forum. Not sure if they still do - might be worth a look

fishie Mon 10-Aug-09 21:54:43

i am generally very scathing of lush, it is so upsetting to the nose to visit the shop. but ds has been enjoying the soap so i have extended my range and now have something called sympathy for the skin, which is amazingly nice.

triffictits Mon 10-Aug-09 22:59:26

I have heard about that body cream fishie, it has great reviews. Why is Ultrabland good?

I'd like to try a moisturiser too - My face gets really oily and i have tried everything to help, maybe i will find something that works. Those toners in blocks look good too.

I dont like the glitter bath bombs either or the smell of the shop!

I

mum2seb Tue 11-Aug-09 08:54:52

Triffictits, I'd recommend Vanishing Cream or Enzymion if you have oily skin - I'm using the former at the moment, and love it - it seems to have balanced my skin out a treat.

As for Ultrabland, everything rational tells me it shouldn't work on my oily/ combination skin, but it does! It's kind of an oily/ greasy texture, and you clean it off with a hot flannel (like Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, I suppose!). But it actually clears my spotty skin up! I love it! If you go in and ask for a tester, they're usually very good at making up a little pot of anything for you (moisturisers included)
I didn't go in to Lush for years, put off by the smell, but now I'm kicking myself, because basically, I could've sorted my rather embarrassing skin out years ago!!

By the way, we use their soap instead of shower gel now, and feel very virtuous about not using all of those plastic bottles!!

triffictits Tue 11-Aug-09 09:57:54

Right next on my list is Ultrabland and then I am going to try out the moisturiser!
I bought some soap too because i sometimes get little spots on the top of my back - can't remember its name - something that had 'mud' in the title, so hoping that will be good too.
I need to work on using soap instead of shower gel - cant stand the mess that soap leaves when its put back in soap dish!

Meglet Tue 11-Aug-09 14:49:12

triffic I think the soap was mudflats, and IIRC it's being discontinued sad. But it should be availble via Lush retro on the web site sometimes.

totalmisfit Tue 11-Aug-09 19:44:52

i'm such a lush addict. got into using Baby Face cleanser, which is the same principle as Ultrabland but in solid bar form. I haven't actually tried the latter, but as soon as i have some spare cash i'll give it a go.

Horton Tue 11-Aug-09 20:24:04

Sympathy for the Skin is gorgeous. I love it to. I can't bear the shops but mail order is just as good!

eeky Tue 11-Aug-09 21:35:17

Ultrabland is marvellous and lasts for ages. Also use Angels on Bare Skin as a regular gentle scrub. Found out by accident one day that if you mix a little blob of each together the scrub sticks to your skin better, and if you then rinse off with a muslin cloth or flannel and hot water can get absolutely glowing skin as a result. Better and cheaper than any other cleansing metod I've tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now